How long before 100Mbit connections UK wide ?

Old March 7th 06, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereofan.tk

Default How long before 100Mbit connections UK wide ?

100Mbit is your standard speed in Korea so how long before it's standard
here ?

Old March 7th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Herbie

"www.amstereofan.tk" wrote in message
100Mbit is your standard speed in Korea so how long before it's standard
here ?

Another 25 years if we keep to the current progress curve with everyone
making it hard for anything to progress. BT don't help either, farting
around with things like Max ADSL instead of getting on with ADSL2. What a
joke this country is. Oh and not to mention the UK ISP luaghing stock, who
expect everyone with a 2mbit connection to just check their email twice a
day or otherwise get a fair use policy warning for over use of the
connection !

Its a long time off with this country's attitude to technology.

Old March 7th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

That's anyones guess. It all depends on when BT or other companies start
laying fibre into homes (FTTH). In major urban areas this probably is not
too long away next 5-10 years or so. But it's going to be a very long time
(if ever) other areas outside cities are going to see these speeds!

Dan

Old March 7th 06, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

100Mbit is your standard speed in Korea so how long before it's standard
here ?

Not a very realistic comparison. A very large percentage of the South Korean
population live in blocks of flats so laying fibre optic feeds to them is
economic. In the UK such a scheme is unlikely to be economic. Although the
cable TV companies have done it in limited urban areas it is not going to
happen for decades unless customers can be persuaded to pay the costs.
Outside of urban areas forget it!

Peter Crosland

Old March 7th 06, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"www.amstereofan.tk" wrote in message
100Mbit is your standard speed in Korea so how long before it's standard
here ?

Who funded the infrastructure in Korea ?
Who do you propose pays for it in the UK ?

Old March 8th 06, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

It would be nice to get ADSL - period! I can see the exchange across
the fields but the cable take 9Km to get to my house. Attenuation
loss unmentionable. All I get is this helpful message on the ADSL
checker.

"Your exchange has ADSL broadband.

However, despite an engineer's visit to your premises it has been
proved not possible for your telephone line to support broadband
service. Please accept our apologies. We are continuing to look for
alternative technology solutions and this site will be updated with
developments as they happen.

Thank you for your interest"

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 22:11:45 +0000 (UTC), "rchick"
wrote:

It would be nice to be able to get 1Mbit despite only living 3.1km from the
exchange

Old March 8th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

When does the MAXdsl start?

Yes you know April the first.

April fool from BT is my guess.

Old March 8th 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

When does the MAXdsl start?

Yes you know April the first.

April fool from BT is my guess.

3rd April actually!

Peter Crosland

Old March 8th 06, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Herbie

"It's Me" wrote in message
When does the MAXdsl start?

Yes you know April the first.
April fool from BT is my guess.

What does BT stand for?

Is it 'Behind Technology' by any chance?

Old March 8th 06, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Taylor

"Herbie" wrote in message

"It's Me" wrote in message
When does the MAXdsl start?

Yes you know April the first.
April fool from BT is my guess.

What does BT stand for?

Is it 'Behind Technology' by any chance?

I like to think it means 'Big Titties' - but I'm beginning to doubt it
really does mean that.