PlusNet outages

Old March 8th 06, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

Default PlusNet outages

Two of my customers have been suffering problems connecting to
PlusNet ADSL broadband for two days. The status page on their web
site has several entries for authentication problems yesterday, but
reports those resolved yesterday afternoon. At one site, connection
comes and goes. The other has had no connection at all - yet I can
get through to the BT test page.

The support phone line is permanently busy and emailing just returns
an automated response. Is anyone able to shed any light on when this
will be resolved?

Old March 9th 06, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

thoss wrote in
:

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 Frazer Jolly Goodfellow wrote:

Two of my customers have been suffering problems connecting to
PlusNet ADSL broadband for two days. The status page on their
web site has several entries for authentication problems
yesterday, but reports those resolved yesterday afternoon. At
one site, connection comes and goes. The other has had no
connection at all - yet I can get through to the BT test page.

Have they rebooted their computers? I could not reconnect until
I had done so.

No, both use wireless routers which had been power-cyled.
Old March 9th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
thoss

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 Frazer Jolly Goodfellow wrote:

thoss wrote in
:

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 Frazer Jolly Goodfellow wrote:

Two of my customers have been suffering problems connecting to
PlusNet ADSL broadband for two days. The status page on their
web site has several entries for authentication problems
yesterday, but reports those resolved yesterday afternoon. At
one site, connection comes and goes. The other has had no
connection at all - yet I can get through to the BT test page.

Have they rebooted their computers? I could not reconnect until
I had done so.

No, both use wireless routers which had been power-cyled.

Rebooting my wireless router did not reconnect me. I did not get back
on line until I rebooted my computer.

--
Thoss

[To reply, replace * with . in Reply-To address]
Old March 9th 06, 11:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

thoss wrote in
:

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 Frazer Jolly Goodfellow wrote:

thoss wrote in
:

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 Frazer Jolly Goodfellow wrote:

Two of my customers have been suffering problems connecting to
PlusNet ADSL broadband for two days. The status page on their
web site has several entries for authentication problems
yesterday, but reports those resolved yesterday afternoon. At
one site, connection comes and goes. The other has had no
connection at all - yet I can get through to the BT test page.

Have they rebooted their computers? I could not reconnect
until I had done so.

No, both use wireless routers which had been power-cyled.

Rebooting my wireless router did not reconnect me. I did not
get back on line until I rebooted my computer.

Don't understand why that should be. It's the router that handles
the connection to PlusNet, not the PC.

Old March 9th 06, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
thoss

[...]

I don't understand it either, I'm just reporting my experiences. So I
return to my original question: have your customers rebooted their
computers?

Old March 9th 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

thoss wrote in
:

[...]

Yes, I asked them to try that, despite it being counter-intuitive.
It made no difference. The good news is that customer B is now
connected OK again - it just started working again. Customer A is
still experiencing random drop-outs, and customer C has now joined
the party with similar symptoms to A.

Customer A is incandescent because he hasn't had a reliable
connection for 5 days in a row - and he normally spends 8-10 hours
a day trading on-line.