Virgin without tears.

Old March 8th 06, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default Virgin without tears.

Touch wood, I have just set up a friend's computer - Acer 2355 notebook
running Win XP SP2 with Virgin broadband and the much-mentioned
Speedtouch 330 USB adsl modem. All went seemlessly and painlessly. Good
speed too. I have recommended a router eventually but for now Sygate
firewall and Avast anti-virus will hopefully ward off any major woes.
Will install adaware and spybot stuff soon. Point is, after reading dire
reports on here I was pleasantly surprised that there were no hitches.
Said friend is about as computer illiterate as anyone can get, so I am
expecting the phone to ring at some point.
--
Paul reply-to is valid