Grandstream ATA q's

Old March 8th 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Default Grandstream ATA q's

Can anybody tell my how many SIP accounts/numbers the granstream 386 ATA
and BudgetTone 101 SIP phone support?

Thanks,

--
Nick B.
Old March 8th 06, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Nick B. wrote:
Can anybody tell my how many SIP accounts/numbers the granstream 386 ATA
and BudgetTone 101 SIP phone support?

Thanks,

--
Nick B.

The 386 ATA can have 2 accounts/lines configured and the 101's a 1
account phone.

Old March 8th 06, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

paul123 wrote:
Nick B. wrote:
Can anybody tell my how many SIP accounts/numbers the granstream 386 ATA
and BudgetTone 101 SIP phone support?

The 386 ATA can have 2 accounts/lines configured and the 101's a 1
account phone.

Looks like I need to look at others then although I've currently testing
2 providers via softphone, but might need more. I had ordered a Sipura
3000 from Inmac, despite advertising 4 days delivery, this turned into
an indefinate delay so I cancelled.

Any recommended supplier who might have one in stock? I'm currently
looking at broadbandstuff.co.uk

Thanks,
--
Nick B.
Old March 8th 06, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Jono wrote:
Nick B. pretended :
I had ordered a Sipura 3000 from Inmac, despite advertising 4 days
delivery, this turned into an indefinate delay so I cancelled.

Any recommended supplier who might have one in stock?

Picked one up from Provu yesterday. They had a delivery yesterday.

Is this the Linksys branded one? I'll try a few places and see who else
has one in stock as Provu seems rather expensive (unless they are
offering accs that others are charging extra for?).

--
Nick B.
Old March 9th 06, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Jono wrote:
Nick B. has brought this to us :

snip
I take it that they're not all that simple to set up then? I notice
someone has slated the Linksys SPA3000 in broadbandstuffs website:
http://tinyurl.com/jpg84

These devices sound like something that need constant re-configuring,
they're obviously not something you can fit and forget?

I've got two in constant use. Occasionally reboot them (once a month at
most) otherwise, they're forgotten about.

I've ordered the (Linksys)SPA3000 from Broadbandstuff, so if Citylink
are on the ball it should be here tomorrow. No doubt I'll be back here
with some more questions about it. Are there any config settings out
there for sip providers?

Both are connected to an asterisk server & provide an interface to the
PSTN & GSM networks.

Well I've looked at the Asterisk port for my NetBSD box. Got it to
compile but unfortunately the Zaptel-netbsd package doesn't. That's a
longer term project. I'm planning to plug the ATA straight into my WRT54G.

--
Nick B.
Old March 10th 06, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Nick B. wrote:

Well I've looked at the Asterisk port for my NetBSD box. Got it to
compile but unfortunately the Zaptel-netbsd package doesn't. That's a
longer term project. I'm planning to plug the ATA straight into my WRT54G.

Will you be using a line card? With most configurations I don't think
you need zaptel unless you are.
Old March 11th 06, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
Nick B. wrote:

Well I've looked at the Asterisk port for my NetBSD box. Got it to
compile but unfortunately the Zaptel-netbsd package doesn't. That's a
longer term project. I'm planning to plug the ATA straight into my
WRT54G.

Will you be using a line card? With most configurations I don't think
you need zaptel unless you are.

No not at this stage although maybe I misunderstood that Zaptel was
required for conferencing facilities?

--
Nick B.
Old March 11th 06, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Nick B. wrote:
Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Nick B. wrote:

Well I've looked at the Asterisk port for my NetBSD box. Got it to
compile but unfortunately the Zaptel-netbsd package doesn't. That's a
longer term project. I'm planning to plug the ATA straight into my
WRT54G.

Will you be using a line card? With most configurations I don't think
you need zaptel unless you are.

No not at this stage although maybe I misunderstood that Zaptel was
required for conferencing facilities?

IIRC you need to at least load the dummy module for MeetMe, this may
have changed in recent versions.