Voyager 105 modem - problem?

Old March 12th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R L Tosswill

Default Voyager 105 modem - problem?

My old WinMe computer works fine, with one bug. One or twice a day, regardless of usage, I will find
everything functions except my broadband connection. The Power and DSL lights on the modem are on,
but the connection has disappeared. I know of no way of retrieving the situation other than shutting
down with the button; I can't shut down through "Start" (something that still makes me smile...).
Is there any fix, or even explanation for this? As I say, the computer, not connected to the outside
world, will play games or write letters all day.
Richard