VOIP program for Windows Mobile 2005

Old March 12th 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marty C

Default VOIP program for Windows Mobile 2005

Does anyone have a recommendation for a SIP softphone which will run on
Windows Mobile 2005 (MDA Vario) please?

Have tried SJ Phone but have found that the performance wasn't very good.
Google doesn't come up with any others.

Thanks.

Marty

Old March 12th 06, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
news

In message , Marty
C writes
Does anyone have a recommendation for a SIP softphone which will run on
Windows Mobile 2005 (MDA Vario) please?

Have tried SJ Phone but have found that the performance wasn't very good.
Google doesn't come up with any others.

Thanks.

Marty

Marty,

1. I assume you know about the X-Lite softphone? (But I don't know if it
will run on Win Mobile 2005).

2. I tried SJphone yesterday for the first time. The received audio
quality was atrocious -- very "gritty" and "gravelly" sounding, and
virtually unusable. Is this what you experienced?

--
Ian
Old March 12th 06, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Moonshine

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:48:45 GMT, news wrote:

In message , Marty
C writes
Does anyone have a recommendation for a SIP softphone which will run on
Windows Mobile 2005 (MDA Vario) please?

Have tried SJ Phone but have found that the performance wasn't very good.
Google doesn't come up with any others.

Thanks.

Marty

Marty,

1. I assume you know about the X-Lite softphone? (But I don't know if it
will run on Win Mobile 2005).

2. I tried SJphone yesterday for the first time. The received audio
quality was atrocious -- very "gritty" and "gravelly" sounding, and
virtually unusable. Is this what you experienced?

Not sure if you are aware there is a beta of SJphone for WM5
available...

http://www.sjlabs.com/preview/ce/

Its obviously not complete but there is hope that somthing is on the
way that should work
Old March 12th 06, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marty C

"1. I assume you know about the X-Lite softphone? (But I don't know if it
will run on Win Mobile 2005).

2. I tried SJphone yesterday for the first time. The received audio
quality was atrocious -- very "gritty" and "gravelly" sounding, and
virtually unusable. Is this what you experienced?

Not sure if you are aware there is a beta of SJphone for WM5
available...

http://www.sjlabs.com/preview/ce/

There isn't a version of X-Lite for WM2005. Since it costs USD29.99 and most
PPC2003 programs don't seem to run under WM2005, I haven't tried it.

Agree with you Ian that SJ Phone is virtually unusable and for the same
reasons.

I wasn't aware that there was a beta version of SJ Phone for WM2005. Am
downloading it as I write and will let you know. Have you used it?

By the way Moonshine, thanks for the steer re the SpeedTouch 716 v5 VOIP
router. Have had it for a couple of weeks now and am very impressed. Sure,
some people complain that it will only take one set of VOIP provider
details, but if you just want a rock solid router with good wifi strength
and only need the one provider, then it rocks. Especially for 75 quid. The
(long) line has been a lot more stable as well.

Thanks.

Marty