Best wired plus wireless router?

Old March 12th 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chris Whelan

Default Best wired plus wireless router?

My stepson wants to share his cable broadband service between his desktop
and a wireless laptop. I understand he needs a router, but are they
available with both wired and wireless connections? Or will he have to get
a router plus a wireless access point?

Any recommendations as to what to get would be most welcome,

TIA

Chris

--
Remove prejudice to reply.
Old March 12th 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
nut

Chris Whelan wrote:
My stepson wants to share his cable broadband service between his
desktop and a wireless laptop. I understand he needs a router, but
are they available with both wired and wireless connections? Or will
he have to get a router plus a wireless access point?

Any recommendations as to what to get would be most welcome,

Most wireless routers have 4 wired 10/100 ports.

The cheapest ebuyer has is the "Buffalo AirStation" for 28.28ukp inc VAT
he

If you can afford a little more, i recommend the Linksys :

Ensure you get a Cable/DSL router (either of the above) and *not* an ADSL
router.

hth

Old March 13th 06, 09:15 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chris Whelan

nut wrote:
The cheapest ebuyer has is the "Buffalo AirStation" for 28.28ukp inc VAT
he

If you can afford a little more, i recommend the Linksys :

Ensure you get a Cable/DSL router (either of the above) and *not* an ADSL
router.

hth

Many thanks

Chris