ADSL modem and seperate Router

Old March 13th 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
loza

Default ADSL modem and seperate Router

Hi, I have a Linksys ADSL modem (ADSL2MUE) with 4 encapsulation
settings:

RFC 1483 Bridged , RFC 2516 PPoE, 2364 PPoA and Bridged Mode Only.

I'm trying to connect this modem to a Belkin Wireless/Cable/DSL Gateway
Router. This router can use the following connection types:

Dynamic, Static, PPPoE, PPTP, Telstra BigPond.

When I connect to the internet with the modem set to PPoE and i've
typed my AOL username and password in, then set the router to Dynamic I
can connect to the internet. However, some websites don't work. For
example I can't connect to Microsoft.com but I can go to Macromedia.com
.. I can also connect the modem directly to my network card and leave
the router out and that has the same results.
So basically I wan't to set all this up so I can browse the internet
and access all sites, and eventually set up a network that shares the
connection.

Old March 13th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article .com
loza wrote:
[...]

Search Google Groups for
aol adsl mtu
for previous discussion of this problem.
I don't know anything about it except that it crops up regularly.