US - Uk converter

Old March 13th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Default US - Uk converter

Rather than paying 7 at Maplin for a US-UK converter for my SP3000,
I'd like to make my own as I have the parts lying around. I assume that
I can just connect the appropriate pins from an RJ11 connector to a BT
master socket? Can anybody tell me which pins the line is presented on,
or better still point me towards where I can find the US telco connector
specs?

Thanks,
--
Nick B.
Old March 13th 06, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Nick B.:
Rather than paying 7 at Maplin for a US-UK converter for my SP3000,
I'd like to make my own as I have the parts lying around. I assume
that I can just connect the appropriate pins from an RJ11 connector
to a BT master socket? Can anybody tell me which pins the line is
presented on, or better still point me towards where I can find the
US telco connector specs?

Thanks,

Yes, you can just wire up a BABT master socket to the RJ11.

The inner two pins of the RJ11 go to pins 2 & 5 of the BABT socket.

--
For 10 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk

Old March 13th 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Nick B.:
Rather than paying 7 at Maplin for a US-UK converter for my SP3000,
I'd like to make my own as I have the parts lying around. I assume
that I can just connect the appropriate pins from an RJ11 connector
to a BT master socket? Can anybody tell me which pins the line is
presented on, or better still point me towards where I can find the
US telco connector specs?

Thanks,

Yes, you can just wire up a BABT master socket to the RJ11.

The inner two pins of the RJ11 go to pins 2 & 5 of the BABT socket.

Thanks. Job done!
--
Nick B.

Old March 13th 06, 11:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"Nick B." wrote in message
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Nick B.:
Rather than paying 7 at Maplin for a US-UK converter for my SP3000,
I'd like to make my own as I have the parts lying around. I assume
that I can just connect the appropriate pins from an RJ11 connector
to a BT master socket? Can anybody tell me which pins the line is
presented on, or better still point me towards where I can find the
US telco connector specs?

Thanks,

Yes, you can just wire up a BABT master socket to the RJ11.

The inner two pins of the RJ11 go to pins 2 & 5 of the BABT socket.

Thanks. Job done!
--
Nick B.

Or to make sure that it has the ring caps in
http://www.cyber-cottage.co.uk/shop/...target=d8.html

Old March 14th 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ian" spam"AT:
"Nick B." wrote in message
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Nick B.:
Rather than paying 7 at Maplin for a US-UK converter for my
SP3000, I'd like to make my own as I have the parts lying around.
I assume that I can just connect the appropriate pins from an
RJ11 connector to a BT master socket? Can anybody tell me which
pins the line is presented on, or better still point me towards
where I can find the US telco connector specs?

Thanks,

Yes, you can just wire up a BABT master socket to the RJ11.

The inner two pins of the RJ11 go to pins 2 & 5 of the BABT socket.

Thanks. Job done!
--
Nick B.

Or to make sure that it has the ring caps in
http://www.cyber-cottage.co.uk/shop/...target=d8.html

The BABT master socket will have ring caps in, plus you can get the master
socket and RJ11 lead to butcher for around 1.

Old March 15th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh Ian" spam"AT:
"Nick B." wrote in message
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Nick B.:
Rather than paying 7 at Maplin for a US-UK converter for my
SP3000, I'd like to make my own as I have the parts lying around.
I assume that I can just connect the appropriate pins from an
RJ11 connector to a BT master socket? Can anybody tell me which
pins the line is presented on, or better still point me towards
where I can find the US telco connector specs?

Thanks,

Yes, you can just wire up a BABT master socket to the RJ11.

The inner two pins of the RJ11 go to pins 2 & 5 of the BABT socket.

Thanks. Job done!
--
Nick B.

Or to make sure that it has the ring caps in
http://www.cyber-cottage.co.uk/shop/...target=d8.html

The BABT master socket will have ring caps in, plus you can get the master
socket and RJ11 lead to butcher for around 1.

Oh gone on, Tell us where you can get a BT Master and lead for a 1, I
assume you have then to budget in the time to make it .. Which all in all
will work out a very expensive adaptor of questionable quality!

Old March 15th 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Ian wrote:
snip
The BABT master socket will have ring caps in, plus you can get the master
socket and RJ11 lead to butcher for around 1.

Oh gone on, Tell us where you can get a BT Master and lead for a 1, I
assume you have then to budget in the time to make it .. Which all in all
will work out a very expensive adaptor of questionable quality!

I think someone missed my original point which was that I *already had
the parts in stock* (plus the appropriate IDC and crimp tooling). Time
taken - around ten mins and labour costs nil as it's a domestic job.
I've also completed part 2 of the project which was to make a X-over
lead with an RJ-11 on one end and a BT431A on t'other. Now for the hard
bit which is to put together a dial plan

--
Nick B.