Netgear Voice Adaptor TA612V and Netgear DG814 setup

Old March 13th 06, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Netgear Voice Adaptor TA612V and Netgear DG814 setup

Hi
Has anyone got same setup as me and can help?
I have just purchased a Netgear Voice Adaptor TA612V and wish to
connect it to my Broadband via a Netgear DG814 and so far have drawn a
blank with any connectivity info I can find (Voice adaptor setup
paperwork and Sipgate helpdesk).
My ISP is BT Broadband

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Old March 13th 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jim

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
Has anyone got same setup as me and can help?
I have just purchased a Netgear Voice Adaptor TA612V and wish to
connect it to my Broadband via a Netgear DG814 and so far have drawn a
blank with any connectivity info I can find (Voice adaptor setup
paperwork and Sipgate helpdesk).
My ISP is BT Broadband

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Dave,

In what way are your drawing a blank?

As I understand it, you connect the TA612V to the LAN (rear of the DG814)
and away you go. Of course unless it came pre-configured, you'll have to
set up an IP address to match that of your existing LAN and configure the
settings for sipgate. Where are youhaving problems with getting it going?

Jim

Old March 13th 06, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
oups.com
Hi
Has anyone got same setup as me and can help?
I have just purchased a Netgear Voice Adaptor TA612V and
wish to connect it to my Broadband via a Netgear DG814
and so far have drawn a blank with any connectivity info
I can find (Voice adaptor setup paperwork and Sipgate
helpdesk).
My ISP is BT Broadband

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Don't know what the differences are between the 814 and the 834 but a
quick search of Sipgate's help pages came up with this:

https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/faq/ind...ces&rubrik=540

May be of some help..? If not let me know and I'll see what I can find
out.

Ivor

Old March 14th 06, 08:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thanks for the replies,
you are correct in the setup (ta612v connected to rear of 814, I have
PC connected into ethernet socket on 612)
PC works ok to access internet, I can web browse to the 612 and check
set up, which shows that the registration state is idle (help pages say
it should show "success")
it also should show the phone number set up with my sipgate account.
According to the help pages this would be due to the 612 unable to
connect to internet or has not connected to voip server.
I have checked the sipgate help page, it does show connection to a
netgear 834, except the my 814 does not have the inbound services part
Thanks
Dave.