laptop can't find networks

Old March 14th 06, 03:46 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Richard

Default laptop can't find networks

Hi I've just got a Linksys WAG54GS and after much talking to their support
I think it was working. But when I shut the laptop down and later reopened
it it tells me that 'no wireless networks found in range' and to 'make sure
the wireless switch on the computer is on'.
Previously it found my wireless point plus 3 to 4 others in my vicinity.
I've tried disabling the wireless card and then re-enabling it. Device
manager tells me the Intel wireless card is working correctly.
The laptop is a compaq nx9030 if that helps.
Any ideas on getting the laptop to find the networks would be really
helpful.

Thanks
Old March 14th 06, 05:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
PeeGee

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:46:56 GMT, Richard wrote:

Hi I've just got a Linksys WAG54GS and after much talking to their support
I think it was working. But when I shut the laptop down and later reopened
it it tells me that 'no wireless networks found in range' and to 'make sure
the wireless switch on the computer is on'.
Previously it found my wireless point plus 3 to 4 others in my vicinity.
I've tried disabling the wireless card and then re-enabling it. Device
manager tells me the Intel wireless card is working correctly.
The laptop is a compaq nx9030 if that helps.
Any ideas on getting the laptop to find the networks would be really
helpful.

Thanks

IIRC the NX9... series have a physical switch along the front edge of
the laptop and a led to show on/off status, but I don't have one handy
to check. Enable/disable in software has no effect on that physical
device.

PeeGee
--
The reply address is a spam trap. If you need to reply directly, put the UK where it should be - first.
Old March 14th 06, 05:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Richard

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:04:01 +0000 (UTC), PeeGee wrote:

[...]

Thanks so much. Networks show up now!