outgoing calls problem

Old March 14th 06, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Wavey Davey

Default outgoing calls problem

Since my ntl landline was disconnected this morning I have been unable
to use my Voip.co.uk account to make outgoing calls via my Philips Dect
handset. Incoming calls are fine, as are outgoing/incoming calls via
X-Lite.
My voip router is a Zoom V3, which I have set up in voip only mode. I
have also tried setting it up using my Voipfone account with the same
problem.
Could ntl be stopping me making voip calls or is more likely that I have
an incorrect setup ?

Dave
Old March 15th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richard Smith

Wavey Davey wrote:
Since my ntl landline was disconnected this morning I have been unable
to use my Voip.co.uk account to make outgoing calls via my Philips Dect
handset. Incoming calls are fine, as are outgoing/incoming calls via
X-Lite.
My voip router is a Zoom V3, which I have set up in voip only mode. I
have also tried setting it up using my Voipfone account with the same
problem.
Could ntl be stopping me making voip calls or is more likely that I have
an incorrect setup ?

Hi Dave,

Have you checked for a possibly NAT problem? If i remember correctly
NTL provide one IP address and the NAT the connections on their cable
modems.

--
Richard

Old March 19th 06, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Wavey Davey

Richard Smith wrote:

Hi Dave,

Have you checked for a possibly NAT problem? If i remember correctly
NTL provide one IP address and the NAT the connections on their cable
modems.

--
Richard

I'm not sure what settings I need to change. At the moment I have NAT
enabled in Dynamic NAPT mode. I have tried disabling NAT, but this
prevented me from connecting to the web.
Does anyone know if its likely that NTL could be preventing me making
outgoing calls? When I lift the handset, the phone sounds completely
dead, but as I posted previously I can receive calls ok.
Dave