Getting out of Tiscali

Old March 15th 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

Default Getting out of Tiscali

I have been on Tiscali BB since 2003, and have changed my connection plan
with them a couple of times since starting it up.

I want out, but have not set the wheels in motion yet.

Has anyone tried to get out from Tiswas when they have upgraded less than
12 months previously? I.e. do Tiswas try to reset their minimum-period
clock when you change?

--
Joe Soap.
JUNK is stuff that you keep for 20 years,
Old March 15th 06, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Cue

I want out, but have not set the wheels in motion yet.

I don't blame you, good luck getting a MAC, or when you do, a valid MAC.

Has anyone tried to get out from Tiswas when they have upgraded less than
12 months previously? I.e. do Tiswas try to reset their minimum-period
clock when you change?

I don't believe so. When I disconnected, they just looked at how long I had
been connected, which was, like you, since 2003.

Read my post under "Tiscali Broadband, its getting worse and worse" for
more info on my journey since disconnection!

Regards,
Tony.

Old March 19th 06, 01:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

"Tony Cue" wrote in message
I want out, but have not set the wheels in motion yet.

I don't blame you, good luck getting a MAC, or when you do, a valid MAC.

Has anyone tried to get out from Tiswas when they have upgraded less than
12 months previously? I.e. do Tiswas try to reset their minimum-period
clock when you change?

I don't believe so. When I disconnected, they just looked at how long I
had been connected, which was, like you, since 2003.

Read my post under "Tiscali Broadband, its getting worse and worse" for
more info on my journey since disconnection!

Regards,
Tony.

I am planning to get out, just looking into it now.

Neive I know, but I had assumed that after dropping their prices, I had
assumed that that had automatically upgraded my account. The upshot was IO
was paying for 2MB but still only getting 512K. I phoned them up and the
first contact slammed the phone down on me and the next said it was my fault
as I should have chnaged the account online when they changed their pricing
policy.

I see there a a few posters here not that pleased with Plusnet, who are my
other ISP.

Is anyone getting decent recommendations, I would be interested to know.

Simon