How to connect to Blueyonder surfboard sb5 100?

Old March 15th 06, 08:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default How to connect to Blueyonder surfboard sb5 100?

Hi

I am staying with a mate who has a Blueyonder broadband connection via
a Surfboard sb5 100 ethernet cable modem. Unfortunatly he doesnt have
any documentation, cd's or drivers? Can anyone point me in the
direction of how to use this connection?

My mate says when he bought his new laptop it just pluged in and worked
without any setup, however, i have been trying to get my pc to connect
to the internet without success all day. I have been looking at his
network connections and internet settings and cant see anything
suggesting how it works. What settings do I need to change to access
the internet with this device?

Thanks for any help given.

Old March 15th 06, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Jono pretended :
wrote:

Hi

I am staying with a mate who has a Blueyonder broadband connection via
a Surfboard sb5 100 ethernet cable modem. Unfortunatly he doesnt have
any documentation, cd's or drivers? Can anyone point me in the
direction of how to use this connection?

My mate says when he bought his new laptop it just pluged in and worked
without any setup, however, i have been trying to get my pc to connect
to the internet without success all day. I have been looking at his
network connections and internet settings and cant see anything
suggesting how it works. What settings do I need to change to access
the internet with this device?

Thanks for any help given.

Release the IP address first - on his machine, from a command prompt, type
"ipconfig /release *con*" without the quotes (also the bit between the *s
assumes his LAN has the three letters CON in its title - as in Local Area
Connection)

Then power off the modem - leave it off for a few minutes.

Connect your PC to the modem. Power on modem. Wait for lights to settle.
Power on your PC.

This may work straight away........it may not.

Just viewed my post & realised that *con* may appear just in bold
rather that with an asterisk either side of it - if you're viewing with
something like OE Quotefix