BT Communicator settings for SIP X-Lite

Old March 16th 06, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marcel Plevniak

Default BT Communicator settings for SIP X-Lite

Hello,

try to set up X-Lite softphone to work with BT Communicator account, but
I can not get it work, getting Login Failed. (

SIP Proxy:

Display Name: BT Communicator
Username:
Authorisation User:

Password: xxxxxxxx
Domain/Realm: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
SIP Proxy: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
Out Bound Proxy: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
Use OutBound Proxy: Default
Send Internal IP: Default
Register: Default

Has someone over here got the correct settings, please?

Thank you.
Old March 16th 06, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
news

In message , Marcel Plevniak
writes
Hello,

try to set up X-Lite softphone to work with BT Communicator account,
but I can not get it work, getting Login Failed. (

SIP Proxy:

Display Name: BT Communicator
Username:
Authorisation User:

Password: xxxxxxxx
Domain/Realm: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
SIP Proxy: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
Out Bound Proxy: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
Use OutBound Proxy: Default
Send Internal IP: Default
Register: Default

Has someone over here got the correct settings, please?

Thank you.

Try removing " from the two user entries. I only have
the "xxxxxxxx" entries in my X-Lite setup.

--
Ian
Old March 17th 06, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
news

In message , Mark
writes
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:21:04 GMT, news wrote:

In message , Marcel Plevniak
writes
Hello,

try to set up X-Lite softphone to work with BT Communicator account,
but I can not get it work, getting Login Failed. (

SIP Proxy:

Display Name: BT Communicator
Username:
Authorisation User:

Password: xxxxxxxx
Domain/Realm: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
SIP Proxy: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
Out Bound Proxy: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
Use OutBound Proxy: Default
Send Internal IP: Default
Register: Default

Has someone over here got the correct settings, please?

Thank you.

Try removing " from the two user entries. I only have
the "xxxxxxxx" entries in my X-Lite setup.

and does it work?

Err, yes. I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise ... :-))

But does it now work for the OP?

--
Ian
Old March 17th 06, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marcel Plevniak

news wrote:
[...]

so I have changed as sugested:
SIP Proxy:

Display Name: BT Communicator
Username: xxxxxxxx
Authorisation User: xxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxxx
Domain/Realm: btinternet.com
SIP Proxy: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
Out Bound Proxy: sip.btcommunicator.bt.net
Use OutBound Proxy: Default
Send Internal IP: Default
Register: Default

X-Lite reports Registered, but unable to make calls ((