Wireless printer

Old March 16th 06, 08:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Trevor

Default Wireless printer

I knew connecting my sons new Sony PSP to my network would lead to trouble.
It connected no prob and updated its software.

I then tried to add its MAC address to my Draytek Vigo 2600 Gi router and
found I could no longer remember the log in as I hadn't used it for nearly a
year. Hence back to factory defaults. However, it then won't work with
restoring from the saved restore file. Once that is done however, you can't
log in any more...ho hum.

This has now left me unable to print on my Canon Pixma ip4000R wireless
printer.

Any help gratefully received.

Old March 16th 06, 09:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Trev

Got the Printer working but the PSP won't find the router now.

I just knew anything to do with wireless would give me grief. Got my son a
PSP. It found the Router straight away and downloaded the latest software
update. Thought I better go into the router and add the PSP's MAC address.
Couldn't remember the log on for the router. Ended up going back to factory
reset to get in. The the home network wouldn't work. 4 hours later its
working and the wireless printer wouldn't work. Another three hours on that.
Everythings working but the router tells me the WAP isn't switched on. It is
of course, I'm sending this over it.

Where do I go from here?

Old March 16th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
nut

Trev wrote:
Got the Printer working but the PSP won't find the router now.

I just knew anything to do with wireless would give me grief. Got my
son a PSP. It found the Router straight away and downloaded the
latest software update. Thought I better go into the router and add
the PSP's MAC address. Couldn't remember the log on for the router.
Ended up going back to factory reset to get in. The the home network
wouldn't work. 4 hours later its working and the wireless printer
wouldn't work. Another three hours on that. Everythings working but
the router tells me the WAP isn't switched on. It is of course, I'm
sending this over it.
Where do I go from here?

Stick the PSP on eBay and buy him a snake?

Old March 16th 06, 10:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Trevor

"nut" wrote in message
Trev wrote:
Got the Printer working but the PSP won't find the router now.

I just knew anything to do with wireless would give me grief. Got my
son a PSP. It found the Router straight away and downloaded the
latest software update. Thought I better go into the router and add
the PSP's MAC address. Couldn't remember the log on for the router.
Ended up going back to factory reset to get in. The the home network
wouldn't work. 4 hours later its working and the wireless printer
wouldn't work. Another three hours on that. Everythings working but
the router tells me the WAP isn't switched on. It is of course, I'm
sending this over it.
Where do I go from here?

Stick the PSP on eBay and buy him a snake?

Right - First job in t'morning. ASrm off to bed noo.