Non-contract broadband with instantish activation?

Old March 16th 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Finisterre

Default Non-contract broadband with instantish activation?

Hi,

I'll be staying in ahouse with a BT line for a bit soon. The house has never
had broadband activated. If I wish to use broadband while I'm there....

a) Who can I use where I don't have to sign up for a year? Probably just
need 3 months.

b) How quickly can they activate it?

Thanks,

Fred.

Old March 16th 06, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 16 Mar 2006 20:52, "Fred Finisterre" wrote:

a) Who can I use where I don't have to sign up for a year?
Probably just need 3 months.

Many will be happy - Eclipse, Zen, take your pick of www.ADSLguide.org
but remember some charge the basic 40 +VAT activation fee and others
add something on top for their admin. If you use the Advanced Search
(Service Providers List, then Advanced) you can put in the 3 months
for mininimum contract, but I'd suggest you then force a sort on
one of the other fields (installation cost, perhaps) because it
will generate several pages of results

b) How quickly can they activate it?

Most quote 5 to 10 working days. If money is no object / speed is
most important, AAISP (www.aa.nu) have a pretty good record.

My sister ordered with Plus.Net on 16/12/05 - went live 22/12/05.

--
UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4 - Happy to save with Plus.Net!!
Old March 16th 06, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve @ Aceinternet

Hi Fred

We do a minimum 3 month contract, which should suit you, with free
activation and free online backup software.

Activation is normally within around 5 days at present.

Kind Regards

Steve

Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e:

Old March 16th 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anon

On 16 Mar 2006 21:59, "Steve @ Aceinternet" wrote:

We do a minimum 3 month contract, which should suit you, with free
activation and free online backup software.

Given "free activation" you could do with having the cancellation
terms clearly shown on your website, because the closest guess I
can make to what you charge is based on the offering of a setup
being done free and described as "worth 50+VAT".
Old March 17th 06, 08:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Fred Finisterre wrote:

I'll be staying in ahouse with a BT line for a bit soon. The house has never
had broadband activated. If I wish to use broadband while I'm there....

a) Who can I use where I don't have to sign up for a year? Probably just
need 3 months.

b) How quickly can they activate it?

Our ADSL services have a 1 month minimum term. The connection price is
45+VAT and we can usually activate a line is 1 week or so.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/ up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just 14.98

Old March 17th 06, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve @ Aceinternet

Given "free activation" you could do with having the cancellation
terms clearly shown on your website, because the closest guess I
can make to what you charge is based on the offering of a setup
being done free and described as "worth 50+VAT".

Hi, our website states:

"No 12 month contract (minimum term just 3 months)"