Tiscali - an interesting solution to my problem

Old March 17th 06, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Poldie

Default Tiscali - an interesting solution to my problem

While waiting for a reply to my letter of complaint, posted almost 3
weeks ago (about poor speeds on my so-called "2 meg" connection, which
I've mentioned recently in this group) I received my `confirmation of
direct debit` letter. It didn't mention which amount I'm committing to
paying but it prompted me to phone them, once again, to see what they
were doing about my problem.

It turns out they *did* receive my letter, and I will be getting a
reply at some point. Apparantly they're going to - or perhaps already
have - take me off of my 19.99 2meg connection and put me onto a
19.99 1meg connection! "The prices have increased since you signed
up", he added helpfully, as if that made the situation any less
laughable.

I asked the guy in what way that would possibly satisfy me, given that
I'd been offered a 15 1 meg connection with the free phone call deal
they're always going on about (and which I'm currently on) but all he
could suggest was that I phone their cancellation (sic) department and
organise an upgrade back to what I was on. What's the betting they'll
try and charge me the extra 2 I phoned the number he gave me (he
can't transfer calls) but they're closed for the weekend - I'll try
again on Monday.

What would happen if I cancelled my direct debit and refused to pay
them until this is sorted out?

Old March 17th 06, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

ups.com:

[...]

It wouldn't do you much good, long-term.

Try to get them to call the whole thing off on grounds of not supplying
what you agreed to buy [maybe demand a MAC escape route?] else you'll be
locked in to their crap system for a year.

--
Joe Soap.
JUNK is stuff that you keep for 20 years,