Looking for an Unlimited ISP

Old March 17th 06, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Usenet

Default Looking for an Unlimited ISP

And found:

https://www.evolutiondsl.net/index2.htm

Anyone any stories to tell? Are they any good?

I'm currently with plusnet and download more than 20Gig P2P in a month.

Regards
Glenn...
Old March 17th 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Usenet
opened his gob and said:

And found:

https://www.evolutiondsl.net/index2.htm

Anyone any stories to tell? Are they any good?

Luckily, I'm Zen's old unlimited accounts. I've just been over to the
Evolution site. IMHO, they are **way** to cheap for unlimited use and
it won't last.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old March 17th 06, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Usenet

opened his gob and said:

And found:

https://www.evolutiondsl.net/index2.htm

Anyone any stories to tell? Are they any good?

Luckily, I'm Zen's old unlimited accounts. I've just been over to the
Evolution site. IMHO, they are **way** to cheap for unlimited use and
it won't last.

Any recommendations, don't mind paying up to about 35/m.
Old March 17th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Usenet wrote:

Any recommendations, don't mind paying up to about 35/m.

We can do 2Mb unlimited use ADSL for 35 inc VAT per month.

This includes a static IP, 24/7 UK technical support, no restrictions on
use or "fair use policies" or other nonsense.

Migration is free.

If you want to come over to us email me as I'll need to process the order
manually - normally the service costs 24p more

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/ up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just 14.98

Old March 17th 06, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

opened his gob and said:

And found:

https://www.evolutiondsl.net/index2.htm

Anyone any stories to tell? Are they any good?

Luckily, I'm Zen's old unlimited accounts. I've just been over to the
Evolution site. IMHO, they are **way** to cheap for unlimited use and
it won't last.

Any recommendations, don't mind paying up to about 35/m.

Demon
2Mb HomeOffice for 25 a month

Old March 17th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve @ Aceinternet

Yes, we do...

We offer a TRUE unlimited service, with no hidden "fair use policies". We
also don't block any ports, use any proxies or any other caps.

512k 19.99, 1mb 23.99 2mb 29.99 (all ex vat)

Free setup or transfer and minimum contract just 3 months.

We also include free automatic online backup software for you PC and 512mb
(up to 2GB compressed) storage, should you want it.

Details and signup at http://www.ace-internet.co.uk/adsl/
Details about online back up at http://www.ace-internet.co.uk/backup/

All support is free via email or 0845 local call rate telephone support.

If you need any more information, feel free to ask.

Steve
Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e:

Old March 18th 06, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Biggus Dickus

I have just migrated to Freedom2surf.
24.99 2mb unlimited
Free upgrade to 8mb before sept 1st 2006.

Biggus Dickus

Old March 18th 06, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Biggus Dickus

Very good choice of name, as you just top posted !!

Dave
Old March 18th 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Dave Stanton
opened his gob and said:

Very good choice of name, as you just top posted !!

....and he chose F2S!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old March 18th 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simon

"Jason Clifford" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Usenet wrote:

Any recommendations, don't mind paying up to about 35/m.

We can do 2Mb unlimited use ADSL for 35 inc VAT per month.

This includes a static IP, 24/7 UK technical support, no restrictions on
use or "fair use policies" or other nonsense.

Migration is free.

If you want to come over to us email me as I'll need to process the order
manually - normally the service costs 24p more

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net

There are quite a few caps in place on your system so the service being
offered isn't unlimited! Extra data above the caps is charged at a rate
PLUS 5.70 each time a user goes over the cap, so that could apply twice in
24hours. If you break the cap level during off-peak and are still
downloading during peak hours, you have exceeded it again! Clever way to
add extra charges each time a person uses the service. Migration might be
free but there is a charge of 52.88 for what is called "activation", so
it's a connection fee whichever way you look at it.
The only package starting to look reasonable is Home Max 30, but the
connection fee (called activation) of 52.88 is not acceptable. There is no
mention of the charges for cancellation either. Anyone sending SPAM has to
pay 150 compensation plus 8% interest.
A webcam connected must not upload an image more than once every 15minutes!
You're also not allowed to mention your own or anyone elses site hosted by
the company in any NNTP group. You're not allowed to use the account for
any illegal purpose, so no point signing up if you want to use peer2peer or
download software, or some of the binary newsgroups that might have illegal
(in UK) content. You also have to continue paying if a service can't be
used or is withdrawn!
Proof of posting doesn't mean anything, so it seems you need to go to the
ISP and log on to their PCs to check they have your message and have
responded to it.
Terms and conditions might be changed at any time without notice, although
this goes against The Unfair Contract Terms Act !

I would definitely avoid the ISP and pick another. It did sound promising
when I saw the message, but after a closer look I am still looking about.