For those who where lokoking for a router + HD included

Old March 17th 06, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Default For those who where lokoking for a router + HD included

Have a look at that linkit may just be the beast you want & there is
even one on the dreaded Ebay, if you look for it..

http://www.usr-emea.com/products/p-w...-8200&loc=unkg

Old March 18th 06, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

kráftéé wrote:

Have a look at that linkit may just be the beast you want & there is
even one on the dreaded Ebay, if you look for it..
http://www.usr-emea.com/products/p-w...-8200&loc=unkg

Trouble is, by the time you've bought all three boxes, you might as well
have built a small PC to use as a file server!

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
10:09:56 up 6 days, 56 min, 3 users, load average: 0.05, 0.05, 0.02

Old March 20th 06, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"kráftéé" [email protected] you know
what'sgoodforu.pus.com wrote in message

Have a look at that linkit may just be the beast you want
& there is even one on the dreaded Ebay, if you look for
it..
http://www.usr-emea.com/products/p-w...-8200&loc=unkg

It uses an external HDD over a firewire connection, the OP wanted an all
in one device.

Ivor

Old March 20th 06, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Ivor Jones wrote:
"kráftéé" [email protected] you know
what'sgoodforu.pus.com wrote in message

Have a look at that linkit may just be the beast you want
& there is even one on the dreaded Ebay, if you look for
it..
http://www.usr-emea.com/products/p-w...-8200&loc=unkg

It uses an external HDD over a firewire connection, the OP wanted
an all in one device.

Ivor

It also does have the facility for USB2 HD caddies as well & is the
nearest thing to what the original poster wanted, which is available
at this time. USB2 caddies are very cheap & who hasn't got a spare HD
or 2 lying around (USB2 is also faster than firewire, but I won't go
there). So for the price of the router + £20 for a caddy the original
poster looking for an all in one has virtually that....a NAS & a
router in one unit.

Sorry if it has offended anybody but I was just trying to be
helpful....

Old March 22nd 06, 01:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Ivor Jones wrote:
[...]

You haven't offended me, personally I think it's a daft idea, give me a
NAS device any day.

Ivor