Unable to allocate IP wireless network

Old March 18th 06, 12:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
M Jones

Default Unable to allocate IP wireless network

I have a wireless network and can get my 2 wireless devices to see eachother
and associate but I can't get a correct IP address allocated via DHCP on my
client machine. I've even tried allocating static IP's but this doesn't
seem to work either.

I don't think it makes much difference but I'm using an Actiontec 802.11b
USB on my client machine and a Belkin 802.11g USB on my main Internet
machine. I've had no problems configuring either and I've even turned on
encryption and everything seems great so I don't think the problem lies
there.

At the moment I'm a bit stuck because it doesn't work using DHCP or static
IP. I've tried pinging from one machine to the other both ways but only get
timeouts. Does anybody know what I can do next?

Thanks.