Wireless ADSL with BT Broadband

Old March 18th 06, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Wireless ADSL with BT Broadband

Hi,

Im trying to set up a wireless connection with BT, im using the Voyager
105 (which has to plug in via USB - i think this might be a problem),
and what im looking to do is have the 'wireless' part between the
computer and the phone point, as both are in seperate rooms. We only
have one computer, so i dont think i need a router...

Any one out there doing this kind of thing, if so, what sort of
equipment are you using?

Any help is appreciated,
Cheers,
JayC

Old March 18th 06, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Any one out there doing this kind of thing, if so, what sort of
equipment are you using?

Any help is appreciated,
Cheers,
JayC

Router is always better than modem if only because of NAT and how flakey
USB modems can be sometimes. It sounds like you would like/need a wireless
router and pci card for the pc, but make sure you enable the security
aspects of it if you go that route.

Dave