Italian number - UK-based SIP account

Old March 19th 06, 02:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

Default Italian number - UK-based SIP account

Is there an Italian version of the (US-based) IPKALL service that will
allow me to have an Italian geographic number that diverts to a UK
(voip.co.uk) SIP account? I have registered with skypho.net and have a
free Rome number but as far as I can see it can only be picked up
through my account with them.

Thanks
Old March 21st 06, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

you can also get a Milan, Rome or Turin number at
http://www.messagenet.it/voip/

the same comments seem to apply though - I can't see if you can divert
it to your service or use theirs

Old March 22nd 06, 12:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Enzo Michelangeli

andy wrote:
you can also get a Milan, Rome or Turin number at
http://www.messagenet.it/voip/

the same comments seem to apply though - I can't see if you can divert
it to your service or use theirs

As far as I know you need to register on their SIP proxy -- which takes
up one account in a client capable of multiple registrations such as
the X-Lite or the SPA-1001 ATA (the latter has only two available
accounts). Or, of course, you may use Asterisk or similar software.
This is quite common with DID services, with the (single?) exception of
IPKall.

Other than that, Messagenet's inbound service works very well.

Enzo

Old March 23rd 06, 01:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓║║║

It was 21 Mar 2006 16:14:25 -0800, and Enzo Michelangeli popped the nose
over the fence around uk.telecom.voip, and said...
|andy wrote:
| you can also get a Milan, Rome or Turin number at
| http://www.messagenet.it/voip/
|
| the same comments seem to apply though - I can't see if you can divert
| it to your service or use theirs
|
|As far as I know you need to register on their SIP proxy -- which takes
|up one account in a client capable of multiple registrations such as
|the X-Lite or the SPA-1001 ATA (the latter has only two available
|accounts). Or, of course, you may use Asterisk or similar software.
|This is quite common with DID services, with the (single?) exception of
|IPKall.
|
|Other than that, Messagenet's inbound service works very well.
|
|Enzo

Agree with you, I'm using a Messagenet 02 number to make and receive calls
with my italian customers, my parents and friends. Not a problem in 1 year
so far. Cheap, easy, reliable and good quality. Value for money.

--
▀°dincÁs▓║║║ Ě The Y2K Druid