How can I monitor wifi traffic on my wifi router?

Old March 19th 06, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Default How can I monitor wifi traffic on my wifi router?

Peter wrote:

It's a Draytek 2900Gi. There isn't anything obvious in the menus...

I would like to monitor packets to/from a particular wifi client.

SNMP monitoring is a distinct possibility with this router.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
11:32:53 up 7 days, 2:19, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

Old March 20th 06, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Peter wrote:

alexd wrote

It's a Draytek 2900Gi. There isn't anything obvious in the menus...

I would like to monitor packets to/from a particular wifi client.

SNMP monitoring is a distinct possibility with this router.

and?

and it's probably your best option for monitoring packets to/from a
particular wifi client.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
15:08:12 up 8 days, 5:54, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.04, 0.00

Old March 21st 06, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Peter wrote:

alexd wrote

SNMP monitoring is a distinct possibility with this router.

and?

and it's probably your best option for monitoring packets to/from a
particular wifi client.

How do I enable this?

Have you tried reading the documentation for your router?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:31:07 up 9 days, 11:17, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.11, 0.09

Old March 22nd 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BJH

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:16:30 +0000, Peter wrote:

alexd wrote:

How do I enable this?

Have you tried reading the documentation for your router?

There isn't any. This is a Draytek!

So have you tried PRTG then?

I would think to enable SNMP you'll need to access your router's setup
from your browser. On the 3COM its more or less just a matter of
ticking the box!

--
Best regards
Barry
Old March 22nd 06, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Mugwump wrote:
In article ,
says...

alexd wrote:

How do I enable this?

Have you tried reading the documentation for your router?

There isn't any. This is a Draytek!

Manuals are at
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/ and pick your router.
Alternately look on the CD that came with your router

What that round shiney thing that he uses to put his cup of cocoa on?
;-p

Old March 22nd 06, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mugwump

In article ,
[email protected] says...

What that round shiney thing that he uses to put his cup of cocoa on?
;-p

No, that says Windows. I'm talking about the one hanging in the garden
as a bird scarer
--
Mugwump

Reply to 'usenetmail{at}discworld{dot}org{dot}uk