Network password problems

Old March 19th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alan

Default Network password problems

I have been having problems with two small networks. In both cases in the
last couple of days one of the wired computers has suddenly started asking
for a password even though no password were ever setup on these networks.
This computer is now inaccessible from the other 3 computers on the network
as no one knows what is the password. This computer does show up under the
network group.

Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Alan

Old March 19th 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
simon

"Alan" wrote in message
I have been having problems with two small networks. In both cases in the
last couple of days one of the wired computers has suddenly started asking
for a password even though no password were ever setup on these networks.
This computer is now inaccessible from the other 3 computers on the network
as no one knows what is the password. This computer does show up under the
network group.

Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Alan

Do a System Restore on the PC to put it back to how it was before it was
messed with!

Old March 19th 06, 07:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun, 19 Mar
2006 18:43:52 -0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Alan"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

I have been having problems with two small networks. In both cases in the
last couple of days one of the wired computers has suddenly started asking
for a password even though no password were ever setup on these networks.
This computer is now inaccessible from the other 3 computers on the network
as no one knows what is the password. This computer does show up under the
network group.

Any Windows updates applied recently?

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
Old March 19th 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alan

Yes windows updates last tuesday, automatically installed. But these were
installed on the other computers as well and that problem does not occur on
those.
Alan

Old March 20th 06, 04:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sucuba Dude

"Alan" wrote in message
: Yes windows updates last tuesday, automatically installed. But these
were
: installed on the other computers as well and that problem does not
occur on
: those.

So are we guessing that this is windoze XP, 2000, 2003, NT, server???
What is the topology going on here.
Can't really be specific until the OS is known.

Is it that ONE machine asks for a password when you try and access it
from the network or all PC's accessing the network request a password?
What OS on all machines?

Old March 24th 06, 10:13 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Gaz

Sucuba Dude wrote:
"Alan" wrote in message
Yes windows updates last tuesday, automatically installed. But these were
installed on the other computers as well and that problem does not occur
on
those.

So are we guessing that this is windoze XP, 2000, 2003, NT, server???
What is the topology going on here.
Can't really be specific until the OS is known.

I bought a piece of string to go around my garden, but it doesnt reach all
the way around, how much extra string should i get?

Gaz