New NTL Tariffs?

Old March 19th 06, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Taylor

Default New NTL Tariffs?

Bonjourno,

I've been informed that very soon the tarrifs will change to 8MB service,
10MB Service, and 12 MB service.

I was under the impression that we'd all have 10MB connections with NTL, but
different bandwidth allowances; anybody confirm either of these 'news'
stories?

Old March 19th 06, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zeep

"Taylor" wrote in message
Bonjourno,

I've been informed that very soon the tarrifs will change to 8MB service,
10MB Service, and 12 MB service.

I was under the impression that we'd all have 10MB connections with NTL,
but
different bandwidth allowances; anybody confirm either of these 'news'
stories?

Which news stories ?
URL ? Reference ?
or just a Troll ?
:-(

Old March 20th 06, 12:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Taylor

"Zeep" wrote in message ...

"Taylor" wrote in message
Bonjourno,

I've been informed that very soon the tarrifs will change to 8MB service,
10MB Service, and 12 MB service.

I was under the impression that we'd all have 10MB connections with NTL,
but
different bandwidth allowances; anybody confirm either of these 'news'
stories?

Which news stories ?
URL ? Reference ?
or just a Troll ?
:-(

A troll is a deliberate attempt to cause hassle; gimme a break son. The
8,10,12 levels were from an NTL insider, and the whole 10meg-for-everyone
has been discussed on chetnet and the like numerous times, with various
hints through statement from NTL.

Go clue yourself up before you start your pish.

Old March 20th 06, 01:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zeep

In ,
Taylor opined very noisily:
"Zeep" wrote in message

"Taylor" wrote in message
Bonjourno,

I've been informed that very soon the tarrifs will change to 8MB
service, 10MB Service, and 12 MB service.

I was under the impression that we'd all have 10MB connections with
NTL, but
different bandwidth allowances; anybody confirm either of these
'news' stories?

Which news stories ?
URL ? Reference ?
or just a Troll ?
:-(

A troll is a deliberate attempt to cause hassle; gimme a break son.
The 8,10,12 levels were from an NTL insider, and the whole
10meg-for-everyone has been discussed on chetnet and the like
numerous times, with various hints through statement from NTL.

Go clue yourself up before you start your pish.

Pish ? get knotted thee wank stain, where has NTL talked about 8 megs ?

Old March 20th 06, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Taylor

"Dave {Reply Address in.Sig}" wrote in message
Zeep wrote:

Pish ? get knotted thee wank stain, where has NTL talked about 8 megs ?

That's probably the default for all those with old modems that can't do
more than 8. Not that I've got any useful information to add.

At least you have a brain, unlike 'Zeep' :-)

I still personally think they'll give everybody 10meg and introduce a
capping mechanism, but that takes a lot of extra technology, which is
probably why progress is so slow.

Old March 20th 06, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 00:04:25 GMT, in uk.telecom.broadband , Unknown
wrote:

i cant get much over
4meg when im on 10meg,

upgrade your modem?

(also, can you consider some punctuation please?)
Mark McIntyre
Old March 22nd 06, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

wrote:

i cant get much over
4meg when im on 10meg,

upgrade your modem?

(also, can you consider some punctuation please?)
Mark McIntyre

I upgraded to 10 meg a while back.. my max speed was about 5meg (Teryon
terajet).. nightmare..
So I whinged and whinged.. they eventually changed my modem for an ntl:250
(little blue one) - problem solved... tops out at 10Meg peaks to 12meg.

A friend had an outage the other day.. phoned ntl.. they sent and engineer next
day to replace his modem and reset the box on the road.. all solved.
Can't argue with service like that.