ADSL with Laptops

Old March 20th 06, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Andrews

Default ADSL with Laptops

I want to use an ADSL line solely with two wireless laptops. Any
recommendations for a combined ADSL wireless router with a combined printer
port?

Peter

Old March 20th 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Draytek Vigor 2800 with the optional Wireless LAN.

--
Peter Crosland

Old March 20th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Peter Crosland wrote:
Draytek Vigor 2800 with the optional Wireless LAN.

Or go cheaper & get the older Vigor 2600g which has the printer port
already installed.

Old March 20th 06, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Draytek Vigor 2800 with the optional Wireless LAN.

Or go cheaper & get the older Vigor 2600g which has the printer port
already installed.

The 2800G has it one as well. The rerason for the 2800 is that there is much
more security. Having said that the 2600 is still a good machine.

Peter Crosland

Old March 21st 06, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:05:30 -0000, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

Draytek Vigor 2800 with the optional Wireless LAN.

Or go cheaper & get the older Vigor 2600g which has the printer port
already installed.

The 2800G has it one as well. The rerason for the 2800 is that there is much
more security. Having said that the 2600 is still a good machine.

With both models you need to be sure your printer is compatible - I
know for sure my Laserjet 1000 isn't. But then, what should I expect
from a printer that doesn't have an on/off button..
Old March 22nd 06, 01:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

wrote:

Draytek Vigor 2800 with the optional Wireless LAN.

Or go cheaper & get the older Vigor 2600g which has
the printer port already installed.

The 2800G has it one as well. The rerason for the 2800
is that there is much more security. Having said that
the 2600 is still a good machine.

With both models you need to be sure your printer is
compatible - I know for sure my Laserjet 1000 isn't. But
then, what should I expect from a printer that doesn't
have an on/off button..

Which is one reason I use printers attached to my LAN via Ethernet and not
to any one machine. I just print to the IP address of the printer I want
and away it goes.

Ivor