UTStarcom F1000 wlan Connection Problems

Old March 20th 06, 03:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pete

Default UTStarcom F1000 wlan Connection Problems

I'm having problems in getting this phone to register with any WIFI.

With my home linksys wifi, using WEP enctyption, I have followed
instructions, but all it s says is "connecting" then "No service try
other AP". At Hotspots iin Stanstead Airport, I get to the
"registering" phase, but still get the No service response. Any ideas
what I'm doing wrong?

Pete

Old March 20th 06, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Telephoneman

"Pete" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm having problems in getting this phone to register with any WIFI.

With my home linksys wifi, using WEP enctyption, I have followed
instructions, but all it s says is "connecting" then "No service try
other AP". At Hotspots iin Stanstead Airport, I get to the
"registering" phase, but still get the No service response. Any ideas
what I'm doing wrong?

Pete

I've got one of these in my office and I have no problems at all with it, on
Voiptalk. ISTR I had to download a firmware upgrade (V.3.6?) before I could
get it going.

http://www.voiptalk.org/products/uts1000-upgrade.html

If you have the right Firmware then what voip supplier are you with and how
have you got it set up?

Liam

Old March 20th 06, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pete

Sorry Liam. Don't know the firmware. Only recently received it directly
from SIPGATE. It has been setup with my account details.

Pete

Old March 20th 06, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pete

Liam. Follow on. It appears firmware is 3.68st. Is tha correct?

Pete

Old March 21st 06, 02:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Pete" wrote in message
oups.com
I'm having problems in getting this phone to register
with any WIFI.

With my home linksys wifi, using WEP enctyption, I have
followed instructions, but all it s says is "connecting"
then "No service try other AP". At Hotspots iin Stanstead
Airport, I get to the "registering" phase, but still get
the No service response. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Pete

You really should be using WPA-PSK encryption on your WLAN. WEP is *very*
easily cracked. Have you tried the phone with this..?

I was considering one of these phones, I would be interested in knowing
how you get on. Can it be used with multiple SIP accounts..?

Ivor

Old March 21st 06, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Pete" wrote in message
oups.com
I'm having problems in getting this phone to register
with any WIFI.

With my home linksys wifi, using WEP enctyption, I have
followed instructions, but all it s says is "connecting"
then "No service try other AP". At Hotspots iin Stanstead
Airport, I get to the "registering" phase, but still get
the No service response. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Pete

I don't know a great deal about WiFi but I have done some digging.
Firstly, any public hotspot that requires authentication such as
BTOpenZone or some other chargeable service isn't going to let you in, you
have to register and log in via a web page, from say a laptop.

Regarding your home WAP I don't know, but check your firewall settings.
Does an ATA or normal IP phone work on the same LAN..? Try disabling all
security, then if you can connect, add things back one at a time till you
find which one blocks the phone from working.

Ivor

Old March 21st 06, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Telephoneman

"Pete" wrote in message
oups.com...
Liam. Follow on. It appears firmware is 3.68st. Is tha correct?

Pete

Yes, that's the same as mine. why don't you disable WEP on your Router and
phone for a few minutes and then try it without the security, just to see if
it's a voip settings issue or to do with the security. Don't forget to power
your phone off and on after any changes to the settings.

Liam

Old March 21st 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Telephoneman

"Telephoneman" wrote in message

"Pete" wrote in message
oups.com...
Liam. Follow on. It appears firmware is 3.68st. Is tha correct?

Pete

Here's a link showing the setup arrangements on voiptalk;
http://www.voiptalk.org/products/uts1000-setup.html
substitute the server details etc for SIPGATE and see if it looks right.

Liam