Belkin Router keeps powering off

Old March 20th 06, 06:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Shrek

Default Belkin Router keeps powering off

Hi All,
I have a Belkin router that has started to switch itself off on a regular
basis.
It does not completely lose power, some of the lights on the front stay
illuminated but change from green to orange.
When working the following lights are green,
Power, wireless, internet, modem, and occupied 10/100 port in this case 1.

When it fails the following light illuminate in orange.
Power, occupied port.
The following have no illumination.
Wireless, internet.
The modem light remains green.

I have tried belkin support but have to hang on for ages without reply so
far.
I wondered if other people had suffered the same problem, and found a cure,
or if I need to persevere with belkin to get the unit changed.
TIA
Nigel

Old March 28th 06, 01:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

In the last few days I seem to have developed this problem.....I had to
resort to technical support when I first got the router but took so
long I'm not keen on phoning again.

When it first happened it just used to kick out devices connected
wirelessly, but now disconnects the wired PC.

I'm going to try a hard reset next time am using it (paperclip or pin
into the hole next to where the power cable enters the router for
30secs. - 1min). Have you already tried this ?