F2s false Metering

Old March 20th 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kenee

Default F2s false Metering

F2s have me down for capacity usage off 4,096MB Inbound & 4,096MB Outbound
on 11th March 06 for, this is strange as I do not use my PC on the weekends.
My neighbours (also on F2s) has the same usage figures for the same date.
before I get onto F2S I was wondering if anyone else using F2S had noticed
this? After the poor service recently and now false/incorrect metering I am
seriously considering migrating, anyone care to recommend a good ISP.

Thanx

Old March 21st 06, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor

guv wrote:
snip
Dunno mate - but know how you feel. Ive just got my MAC and waiting to
hear back from UKonline. Have a feeling they dont do LUU to LUU
migration - which seems rediculous.

Leaving F2S cannot come quick enough.

Stephen from f2s has acknowledged that LLU figures always show as
0 but that f2s has access to the true figures. Also he says there
are problems with the metering on some domains for "normal"
customers.

Thread here on ADSLGuide about it:-

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showflat...d&sb=5&o=&vc=1
Old March 21st 06, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Craig-Wood

Kenee no wrote:
F2s have me down for capacity usage off 4,096MB Inbound & 4,096MB Outbound
on 11th March 06 for, this is strange as I do not use my PC on the
weekends.

4096 MB == 2**32

Its almost certainly a wrap in a 32 bit counter, ie a bug in f2s
metering software.

--
Nick Craig-Wood -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick