Plusnet treacle

Old March 20th 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tx2

Default Plusnet treacle

Just in case other Plusnet users haven't seen the service status - some
Plusnet customers are tonight experiencing 'treacle' connections - i'm
one of them :-(

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&isps ervice_id=adsldial

Old March 20th 06, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PL

tx2 wrote:
Just in case other Plusnet users haven't seen the service status - some
Plusnet customers are tonight experiencing 'treacle' connections - i'm
one of them :-(

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&isps ervice_id=adsldial

Is that just Plusnet though? I'm with Eclipse on a 1Mb connection and
I'm down to 350 kilo bits per second at the moment
Old March 20th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

tx2 wrote:
Just in case other Plusnet users haven't seen the service status -
some Plusnet customers are tonight experiencing 'treacle' connections
- i'm one of them :-(

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.htm...ce_id=adsldial

Thanks for posting that. I was wondering why my connection felt like it was
stuck in the mud tonight.

Old March 20th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

tx2 wrote:
Just in case other Plusnet users haven't seen the service status -
some Plusnet customers are tonight experiencing 'treacle' connections
- i'm one of them :-(

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.htm...ce_id=adsldial

hmm all issues reported as resolved. Thats certainly not how it feels from
here.

Old March 20th 06, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Just in case other Plusnet users haven't seen the service status -
some Plusnet customers are tonight experiencing 'treacle' connections
- i'm one of them :-(

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.htm...ce_id=adsldial

hmm all issues reported as resolved. Thats certainly not how it feels
from here.

Have you tried disconnecting and then reconnecting?

Peter Crosland

Old March 20th 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Peter Crosland wrote:
Just in case other Plusnet users haven't seen the service status -
some Plusnet customers are tonight experiencing 'treacle'
connections - i'm one of them :-(

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.htm...ce_id=adsldial

hmm all issues reported as resolved. Thats certainly not how it
feels from here.

Have you tried disconnecting and then reconnecting?

*blush* No I have not tried that yet :-)

Old March 21st 06, 12:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tx2

Peter Crosland wrote:
Just in case other Plusnet users haven't seen the service status -
some Plusnet customers are tonight experiencing 'treacle' connections
- i'm one of them :-(

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.htm...ce_id=adsldial

hmm all issues reported as resolved. Thats certainly not how it feels
from here.

Have you tried disconnecting and then reconnecting?

I know u weren't asking me, but, yes, I tried - several times. Every
time was the same, and i always connected to the same rogue
equipment....

I just put up with it in the end, and now, approaching midnight, the
connection seems fine. But it did ruin a planned evening of online
gaming :-(

Old March 21st 06, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 23:11:11 -0000, [Beck] said :-

Peter Crosland wrote:
Just in case other Plusnet users haven't seen the service status -
some Plusnet customers are tonight experiencing 'treacle'
connections - i'm one of them :-(

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.htm...ce_id=adsldial

hmm all issues reported as resolved. Thats certainly not how it
feels from here.

Have you tried disconnecting and then reconnecting?

Ah, its better now I have rebooted the router, thankyou

You had the same IP address as earlier, so it must have possibly been
DNS servers ?
Old March 21st 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 21 Mar 2006 19:29, Spin Dryer wrote:

You had the same IP address as earlier, so it must have possibly
been DNS servers ?

For users on Premier accounts, the IP is static, so it is not related
to DNS, just the BT Central pipes and ISP gateways which are variable
in some cases (but not lways, as seen from some other posts). Peter.

--
USENET news ? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from US $5 )