SpeedTouch 570 -- What is its address?

Old March 20th 06, 10:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
[L.]

Default SpeedTouch 570 -- What is its address?

I was given a Thompson SpeedTouch 570.
I tried to reach it on 10.0.0.138 but to no avail. Could the address
be different?
Does it need to be connected to an ADSL line or can I just use it as a
wireless access point?

Lorenz

[L.]
Old March 21st 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Gaz

[L.] wrote:
I was given a Thompson SpeedTouch 570.
I tried to reach it on 10.0.0.138 but to no avail. Could the address
be different?
Does it need to be connected to an ADSL line or can I just use it as a
wireless access point?

Lorenz

[L.]

To check the correct address to contact to, (assuming you are using xp)
go to the start menu, run, type cmd, then type ipconfig

You should get something like this
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

The address of the router is the address of the default gateway. If you get
an address anywhere that starts with 169.etc.etc.etc it means that windows
has been unable to get an address from the router (the router gives it its
ip address). If the manual tells you that the router ip address should be
10.0.etcetc.

Then you might need to set yourself up a manual ip address of the same range
just to see if you can connect.

eg, 10.0.0.138 is the router address
then you choose a manual address which is 10.0.0.any number you like between
2 and 250 but not 138.

gaz

Old March 22nd 06, 02:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
[L.]

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:27:05 -0000, "Gaz" wrote:

[L.] wrote:
I was given a Thompson SpeedTouch 570.
I tried to reach it on 10.0.0.138 but to no avail. Could the address
be different?
Does it need to be connected to an ADSL line or can I just use it as a
wireless access point?

Lorenz

[L.]

To check the correct address to contact to, (assuming you are using xp)
go to the start menu, run, type cmd, then type ipconfig

You should get something like this
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Thanks Gaz,

I suppose the router must be duff then, I get a completely blank
default gateway, something like

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 169.xxx.xxx.xxx
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Pity.

Lorenz

PS .... Anybody with a working wireless router or access point they
want to give away? :-)

[L.]
Old March 22nd 06, 05:46 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alex Fraser

"[L.]" wrote in message
I was given a Thompson SpeedTouch 570.
I tried to reach it on 10.0.0.138 but to no avail. Could the address
be different?

Did you try resetting it to factory defaults?

Does it need to be connected to an ADSL line or can I just use it as a
wireless access point?

Should be no problem, although you'll probably want to disable its DHCP
server.

Alex

Old March 23rd 06, 08:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Clint Sharp

In message , Alex
Fraser writes
"[L.]" wrote in message
.. .
I was given a Thompson SpeedTouch 570.
I tried to reach it on 10.0.0.138 but to no avail. Could the address
be different?

Did you try resetting it to factory defaults?

To follow on from that;

'If you need to access the SpeedTouch web interface, and have forgotten
the units security password. It is possible to reset the unit to factory
defaults. This will clear the units password AND clear any user specific
configuration.

To reset the router, plug in and power up the unit. When the power light
flashes green press the front button. After six seconds the power
light will again flash green press again the front button. All of the
lights will now flash and the unit will reboot. The unit is now factory
reset, and the web interface can be viewed at http://10.0.0.138'

--
Clint Sharp
Old March 23rd 06, 09:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
[L.]

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:56:43 +0000, Clint Sharp
wrote:

In message , Alex
Fraser writes
"[L.]" wrote in message
. ..
I was given a Thompson SpeedTouch 570.
I tried to reach it on 10.0.0.138 but to no avail. Could the address
be different?

Did you try resetting it to factory defaults?

To follow on from that;

'If you need to access the SpeedTouch web interface, and have forgotten
the units security password. It is possible to reset the unit to factory
defaults. This will clear the units password AND clear any user specific
configuration.

To reset the router, plug in and power up the unit. When the power light
flashes green press the front button. After six seconds the power
light will again flash green press again the front button. All of the
lights will now flash and the unit will reboot. The unit is now factory
reset, and the web interface can be viewed at http://10.0.0.138'

Thanks, yes I had done it.

Actually the button is at the back in my model.
It must be just plain broken. It was together with old stuff in attic,
after all... Never mind. It would have been very convenient to have
wireless access for the wife's laptop while she does college work.

Lorenz

[L.]