Netgear TA612V query.

Old March 21st 06, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Benjamin

Default Netgear TA612V query.

I've got a Netgear TA612V on sipgate and I was wondering whether there's
any replacement firmware (or hack) out there that will let me access the
VoIP menu?

I don't want to leave sipgate - I just want to set line two to use a
different codec so that inband DTMF from the PSTN will work correctly!
Their support haven't been terribly helpful...

I've tried google, but had no luck so far...

Ben
Old March 21st 06, 02:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Benjamin" wrote in
message
.com
I've got a Netgear TA612V on sipgate and I was wondering
whether there's any replacement firmware (or hack) out
there that will let me access the VoIP menu?

In a word, no. I believe it's possible with special firmware from Netgear
but not with the standard version.

I don't want to leave sipgate - I just want to set line
two to use a different codec so that inband DTMF from the
PSTN will work correctly! Their support haven't been
terribly helpful...

That's unusual. Who did you deal with..?

Ivor

Old March 21st 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Charles

I have the same problem and would wish to be able to connect the second port
to a second provider as the menu is disabled. It might be worth contacting
Netgear.
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Benjamin" wrote in
message
.com

Old March 22nd 06, 03:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Charles" wrote in message
o.uk
I have the same problem and would wish to be able to
connect the second port to a second provider as the menu
is disabled. It might be worth contacting Netgear.

They won't tell you.

Ivor
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old March 22nd 06, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Benjamin

Ivor Jones wrote:
I've got a Netgear TA612V on sipgate and I was wondering
whether there's any replacement firmware (or hack) out
there that will let me access the VoIP menu?

In a word, no. I believe it's possible with special firmware from Netgear
but not with the standard version.

Drat! Any ideas how I might get my hands on it? Google and the Netgear
website haven't turned anything up...

I don't want to leave sipgate - I just want to set line
two to use a different codec so that inband DTMF from the
PSTN will work correctly! Their support haven't been
terribly helpful...

That's unusual. Who did you deal with..?

I've had emails from many different people in sipgate support. In
fairness, they have all been keen to help, but ultimately have been no
help! They didn't have a clue what was causing inband DTMF from the
PSTN to fail and now they won't let me have access to change to the VoIP
menu to change the codec...

All I want to do is to connect my house alarm to the TA612V and be able
to control it by DTMF over the PSTN! Ho hum...

Ben
Old March 22nd 06, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Benjamin" wrote in
message
.com
Ivor Jones wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately it isn't that they won't let you have access to the menu,
they simply can't. It's a feature of the firmware and only Netgear can
change that, which it appears at the moment they either can't or won't do.

Ivor