Plus net redefine "upgrade" as "slowing you down and restricting your use"

Old March 21st 06, 05:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Madge O'Reene

Default Plus net redefine "upgrade" as "slowing you down and restricting your use"

I've just had an email from them telling me how my service will be
upgraded from 2Mb unlimited use to a limit of 10gb, after which I'm
entitled to a further 5mb at decreasing speeds. They're also dropping
usenet binary services. In return, at some unspecified point in the
future, I *MAY* one day have a faster connection, subject to various
conditions, all out of my control (and indeed, theirs) including "the
weather" (although no promises). Some upgrade.

I've had enough of them. Who offers a decent level of service for 2mb
lines, fixed IP, no usage limits at a reasonable price?

Old March 21st 06, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

"Madge O'Reene" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've just had an email from them telling me how my service will be
upgraded from 2Mb unlimited use to a limit of 10gb, after which I'm
entitled to a further 5mb at decreasing speeds. They're also dropping
usenet binary services. In return, at some unspecified point in the
future, I *MAY* one day have a faster connection, subject to various
conditions, all out of my control (and indeed, theirs) including "the
weather" (although no promises). Some upgrade.

I've had enough of them. Who offers a decent level of service for 2mb
lines, fixed IP, no usage limits at a reasonable price?

None of the plus.net accounts are unlimited... blah blah blah...

Old March 22nd 06, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
stephanjs

The story continues....

Of all the packages that I had looked at, the best for my area in North
Wales was Plusnet. Because of the distance from the exchange my line
cannot go up to 2mb download. I get 1.1mb. Download is unlimited and it
cost $14.99 a month (on no contract).

Sounds like I am advertising. In London and other big cities it was
possible to get 8mb unlimited for 9.99 when I was researching
providers.

I changed from AOL (too expensive for very little) to Bulldog (a joke
cowboy outfit). After many months of waiting for activation I changed
to Plusnet. I got activated within 7 days.

No one likes being rejected. I had some serious telephone problems for
a few months. Problems that were outside Plusnet's control but
everything seems to be OK now.

The British system is designed for monopoly and exploitation. So we
have a potentially world beating network that is operating worse than
many 3rd world countries.

--
stephanjs
Old March 22nd 06, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

stephanjs wrote:
The story continues....

Of all the packages that I had looked at, the best for my area in
North Wales was Plusnet. Because of the distance from the exchange
my line cannot go up to 2mb download. I get 1.1mb. Download is
unlimited and it cost $14.99 a month (on no contract).

Download is unlimited? Try reading again, they don't call it capping
they call it Fair User Policy which is a cap in all but name, as for
no contract try leaving & then see how much they will charge you or
you are on PAYGO so after reaching the low 'free usage' limits then
you have to start paying extra.

Moral of the story is always read the small print no matter what the
flashy graphics may be saying...

Sounds like I am advertising. In London and other big cities it was
possible to get 8mb unlimited for 9.99 when I was researching
providers.

I changed from AOL (too expensive for very little) to Bulldog (a
joke cowboy outfit). After many months of waiting for activation I
changed to Plusnet. I got activated within 7 days.

So you went from a true unlimited service to a FUP account, you'll
learn...

No one likes being rejected. I had some serious telephone problems
for a few months. Problems that were outside Plusnet's control but
everything seems to be OK now.

The British system is designed for monopoly and exploitation. So we
have a potentially world beating network that is operating worse
than many 3rd world countries.

Name one which offers a nationwide broadband service & not just some
specified cities. Here again, don't believe the flashy headlines but
learn to read the small print..