Need an wireless ADSL modem with USB port for hard disk

Old March 21st 06, 08:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Need an wireless ADSL modem with USB port for hard disk

As the title says, I'd like an ADSL wireless modem/router (for BT
broadband) with a USB port.

I'd like normal wireless broadband access, and also to be able to plug
my external hard disk into the modem/router so that I can access the
hard disk wirelessly too.

Do such products exist? I'm having a difficult time finding anything.
Thanks for any help.

Old March 21st 06, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

wrote in message
oups.com...
As the title says, I'd like an ADSL wireless modem/router (for BT
broadband) with a USB port.

I'd like normal wireless broadband access, and also to be able to plug
my external hard disk into the modem/router so that I can access the
hard disk wirelessly too.

Do such products exist? I'm having a difficult time finding anything.
Thanks for any help.

Buy a NAS device (Network Attached Storage). Its like a USB hard drive but
is designed to plug straight into the network.

AMO

Old March 22nd 06, 01:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"AMO" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
As the title says, I'd like an ADSL wireless
modem/router (for BT broadband) with a USB port.

I'd like normal wireless broadband access, and also to
be able to plug my external hard disk into the
modem/router so that I can access the hard disk
wirelessly too. Do such products exist? I'm having a difficult time
finding anything. Thanks for any help.

Buy a NAS device (Network Attached Storage). Its like a
USB hard drive but is designed to plug straight into the
network.

Avoid the Netgear one.

Ivor