BT Voyager 2100 query

Old March 22nd 06, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Default BT Voyager 2100 query

I'm trying to resolve some issues with a friends' daughter who is
using one of the above (with a Belkin wireless dongle) to connect to
the net.

She's recently started to have a problem getting it to connect, which
we resolved last time by changing channels for her. They're in a row
of terraced houses, so depending on what kit their neighbours have,
there`s a good chance of interference from elsewhere.

To try to bypass any wireless issues I want to connect direct via
ethernet cable, but I think the only one I have of a suitable length
at present is a crossover.

Does anyone know if this router will auto-sense and use a crossover
without issues ? (the manual seems to suggest not, but they're not
always right)

TIA :-}

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---
Old March 22nd 06, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
[...]

I don't know if this is relevant in your case (I've not yet delved into
wireless), but may be worth noting. Email sent from BT

The Belkin WRE/AP does work with the router.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Voyager 2100 Wireless Router.
At some point in time BT will be releasing a repeater (Currently called the
Voyager 1400) This repeater will increase the range of the 2100 and will
improve the wireless connection. At this moment in time this is all the
information that we have on the product. There is no planned release date
and we don't know what it looks like or what specifications it will have.
The 2100 MIGHT be compatible with existing repeaters but since the final
specs of the BT one are not complete we don't know for sure.

Open http://192.168.1.1/ then click on Advanced.

Now click on Wireless.

Login with the admin details.

Click on Repeater.

If you clicks on Scan Now any compatible devices will be listed. Once the
you have selected the repeater you want to use then click on Apply.

After clicking on Apply the page will simply refresh.

Old March 22nd 06, 02:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I don't know if this is relevant in your case (I've not yet delved into
wireless), but may be worth noting. Email sent from BT
The Belkin WRE/AP does work with the router.

I don`t think it is, but thanks for the reply anyway :-}

Its worked, albeit intermittently at times, since around the beginning
of December last year - i`ll have to go and have a look in person I
think :-(

I believe you can get around the crap belkin wireless util and use the
standard windoze wireless connection util, but i`m a bit wary about
removing it in case I can`t reinstall the fooker - it came with the
wrong set of drivers :-}

Old March 22nd 06, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor

Colin Wilson wrote:

I don`t think it is, but thanks for the reply anyway :-}

Its worked, albeit intermittently at times, since around the beginning
of December last year - i`ll have to go and have a look in person I
think :-(

I believe you can get around the crap belkin wireless util and use the
standard windoze wireless connection util, but i`m a bit wary about
removing it in case I can`t reinstall the fooker - it came with the
wrong set of drivers :-}

No need to remove the belkin application. There's probably an
option in it to "let Windows manage my wireless settings" or
something similar.
Old March 22nd 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I believe you can get around the crap belkin wireless util and use the
standard windoze wireless connection util, but i`m a bit wary about
removing it in case I can`t reinstall the fooker - it came with the
wrong set of drivers :-}

No need to remove the belkin application. There's probably an
option in it to "let Windows manage my wireless settings" or
something similar.

Not that i`ve noticed...

Old March 22nd 06, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor

Colin Wilson wrote:
I believe you can get around the crap belkin wireless util and use the
standard windoze wireless connection util, but i`m a bit wary about
removing it in case I can`t reinstall the fooker - it came with the
wrong set of drivers :-}

No need to remove the belkin application. There's probably an
option in it to "let Windows manage my wireless settings" or
something similar.

Not that i`ve noticed...

Try the other way round. Open up the Windows thing, go to
advanced settings, Use Windows to configure my wireless settings.

Alternatively open up services.msc and enable and start the
Windows Zero Configuration service.
Old March 22nd 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Try the other way round. Open up the Windows thing, go to
advanced settings, Use Windows to configure my wireless settings.
Alternatively open up services.msc and enable and start the
Windows Zero Configuration service.

Windows says it can`t do anything with it - not that it matters, its
sorted now - the router doesn`t auto-reconnect sometimes, for some
unknown reason - they were connecting to the router, but it needed
them to click the big "CONNECT" button via the web interface :-}