ADSL Max query

Old March 22nd 06, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

Default ADSL Max query

Hi all,

Gonna get my broadband speed upgraded with BT Internet when ADSL Max is
switched on next week (I've checked my exchange and it seems to indicate a
RFS of 31st March) and I was just wondering what kind of speeds I would get
with the following figures obtained from my router...

Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 2272 Kbps 288 Kbps
Noise Margin 19.7 dB 28.0 dB
Line Attenuation 24.0 dB 12.0 dB
Output Power 19.6 dBm 11.9 dBm

Sam Knows says I am 915m away from the exchange.

Thanks,

Simon

Old March 22nd 06, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Dobson

You'll get 7111kbps, according to http://212.23.23.177/calc.htm

Old March 22nd 06, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rőbstër

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
Downstream Upstream
Line Attenuation 24.0 dB 12.0 dB

Sam Knows says I am 915m away from the exchange.

I think that is 915m line of sight, not line length away from the exchange -
I'm 216m form my exchange and 550m line length.

Also my Line Attenuation is 7dB

Old March 22nd 06, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

Thanks :-)

Old March 22nd 06, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rd

Hi Simon,

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
Thanks :-)

That 900+ meters or so may be as the crow flies, but BT cable
network tends to wander around the place a fair bit.. As the
cable runs you may be a bit further away..

Regards,
Cliff

Old March 22nd 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I am totally stupid

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
Hi all,

Gonna get my broadband speed upgraded with BT Internet when ADSL Max is
switched on next week (I've checked my exchange and it seems to indicate a
RFS of 31st March) and I was just wondering what kind of speeds I would
get with the following figures obtained from my router...

Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 2272 Kbps 288 Kbps
Noise Margin 19.7 dB 28.0 dB
Line Attenuation 24.0 dB 12.0 dB
Output Power 19.6 dBm 11.9 dBm

Sam Knows says I am 915m away from the exchange.

How do you check / get this info ?

Old March 22nd 06, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:49:58 -0000, "I am totally stupid"
wrote:

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
Hi all,

Gonna get my broadband speed upgraded with BT Internet when ADSL Max is
switched on next week (I've checked my exchange and it seems to indicate a
RFS of 31st March) and I was just wondering what kind of speeds I would
get with the following figures obtained from my router...

Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 2272 Kbps 288 Kbps
Noise Margin 19.7 dB 28.0 dB
Line Attenuation 24.0 dB 12.0 dB
Output Power 19.6 dBm 11.9 dBm

Sam Knows says I am 915m away from the exchange.

How do you check / get this info ?

If you are using a router, there will almost certainly be a statistics
page somewhere with these details (not always totally accurate
though).

Let us know which router, and somebody will almost certainly know
where.

If you aren't using a router, there may be nowhere you can get them.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Old March 22nd 06, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Simon wrote on Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:34:17 +0000:

Simon Ough wrote:

Gonna get my broadband speed upgraded with BT Internet when ADSL Max is
switched on next week (I've checked my exchange and it seems to indicate
a RFS of 31st March) and I was just wondering what kind of speeds I would
get with the following figures obtained from my router...

Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 2272 Kbps 288 Kbps
Noise Margin 19.7 dB 28.0 dB
Line Attenuation 24.0 dB 12.0 dB
Output Power 19.6 dBm 11.9 dBm

Sam Knows says I am 915m away from the exchange.

You'll get 7111kbps, according to http://212.23.23.177/calc.htm

Whee, if that calc is accurate I'm up for the full 8Mbps

Currently on 2272kbps with 34dB Attenuation and 22dB SNR.

Dan

Old March 22nd 06, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
andy

Whee, if that calc is accurate I'm up for the full 8Mbps

Currently on 2272kbps with 34dB Attenuation and 22dB SNR.

Dan

6600kbps for me

--
Eps
Old March 22nd 06, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Dobson

Spack wrote:

Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 2272 Kbps 288 Kbps
Noise Margin 19.7 dB 28.0 dB
Line Attenuation 24.0 dB 12.0 dB
Output Power 19.6 dBm 11.9 dBm

Sam Knows says I am 915m away from the exchange.

You'll get 7111kbps, according to http://212.23.23.177/calc.htm

Whee, if that calc is accurate I'm up for the full 8Mbps

I can apparantly get the 8 meg too, but I can see the exchange if I walk
to the end of my street so I was expecting that.

Would be interesting if the creator of that site released some results,
I'd expect he saves them all.