France / Paris geographic number

Old March 22nd 06, 07:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joao Saraiva

Default France / Paris geographic number

Hi all
I was resident in Paris for some time and now in order to make it easy to my
friends there to contact me I would like to have a France / Paris geographic
number. It seems that in France this is not possible unless you are
resident (unlike the UK or the US). Does anyone know how to sort out this ?
Thanks for your help !
JS

Old March 22nd 06, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Joao Saraiva wrote:
Hi all
I was resident in Paris for some time and now in order to make it easy to my
friends there to contact me I would like to have a France / Paris geographic
number. It seems that in France this is not possible unless you are
resident (unlike the UK or the US). Does anyone know how to sort out this ?
Thanks for your help !
JS

Use a French proxy and a fake address?

There are lots of public proxys you can use (just search for free web
proxies in google).

Do you know a reliable french provider that will give you a geographic
number?
Old March 22nd 06, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Joao Saraiva wrote:
Hi all
I was resident in Paris for some time and now in order to make it easy to my
friends there to contact me I would like to have a France / Paris geographic
number. It seems that in France this is not possible unless you are
resident (unlike the UK or the US). Does anyone know how to sort out this ?
Thanks for your help !
JS

If you register for an account with voipstunt.com, internetcalls.com or
voipdiscount.com with your user details with a Paris address, you'll
PROBABLY get allocated a Paris number. Almost certainly not allowed in
their TOS but worth a try?

You will also have to pay in 10 credit.

Old March 22nd 06, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

paul123 wrote:
Joao Saraiva wrote:
Hi all
I was resident in Paris for some time and now in order to make it easy to my
friends there to contact me I would like to have a France / Paris geographic
number. It seems that in France this is not possible unless you are
resident (unlike the UK or the US). Does anyone know how to sort out this ?
Thanks for your help !
JS

If you register for an account with voipstunt.com, internetcalls.com or
voipdiscount.com with your user details with a Paris address, you'll
PROBABLY get allocated a Paris number. Almost certainly not allowed in
their TOS but worth a try?

You will also have to pay in 10 credit.

Don't they disconnect the number if you don't use the service?
Old March 22nd 06, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Don't they disconnect the number if you don't use the service?

I thought you lose your voip-in number if it gets to the magic 120 days
when you lose your credit too (if you don't top up).

Old March 22nd 06, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

paul123 wrote:
Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Don't they disconnect the number if you don't use the service?

I thought you lose your voip-in number if it gets to the magic 120 days
when you lose your credit too (if you don't top up).

That was it, but I thought it was less than that.
Old March 22nd 06, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
paul123 wrote:
Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Don't they disconnect the number if you don't use the service?

I thought you lose your voip-in number if it gets to the magic 120 days
when you lose your credit too (if you don't top up).

That was it, but I thought it was less than that.

They do change their rates and ToS regularly, so, it'll probably be
down to 90 days next month.

Old March 23rd 06, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Joao Saraiva" wrote in message
Hi all
I was resident in Paris for some time and now in order to make it easy to

my
friends there to contact me I would like to have a France / Paris

geographic
number. It seems that in France this is not possible unless you are
resident (unlike the UK or the US). Does anyone know how to sort out this

?

www.netappel.fr, sipdiscount.com, voipstunt, etc .. (any of the Finarea
group)
just complete in the details that your country is France, give them 10.00
EUR and apply for a Voip-in number
The Paris numbers alloacted are in the range +33 1 7090 xxxx
works fine
Note
You cannot change the country afterwards for existing accounts
e.g. if you need a german number, you need to register your country at
sign-on ...

Philippe