Cisco VPN and Bethere

Old March 22nd 06, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Londoncityslicker

Default Cisco VPN and Bethere

I'm a newbie.

I have just been connected to Be.

I have a work laptop which runs a Cisco VPN client allowing me to
access my work network.

I have being using this with no problems with my two previous providers
Bulldog and Virgin. Both ethernet and via wireless.

I also regularly use this with no trouble in other peoples homes and
with wireless hotspots.

but I can't seem to get the client working with Be.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this working.
As if it doesn't work then I will be forced to quit from Be as working
from home is a major use of my DSL connection.

A.

Old March 23rd 06, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JW

Londoncityslicker wrote:
I'm a newbie.

I have just been connected to Be.

I have a work laptop which runs a Cisco VPN client allowing me to
access my work network.

I have being using this with no problems with my two previous providers
Bulldog and Virgin. Both ethernet and via wireless.

I also regularly use this with no trouble in other peoples homes and
with wireless hotspots.

but I can't seem to get the client working with Be.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this working.
As if it doesn't work then I will be forced to quit from Be as working
from home is a major use of my DSL connection.

A.

Are you using the Be-supplied Router? According to the "Be
Box Modem" description (on the Be web-site), it supports VPN
pass-through. The Router may not be configured to allow
this by default, so you should check the manual for set-up
details or contact Be technical support.