RJ11 RJ45 connectors

Old March 22nd 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian

Default RJ11 RJ45 connectors

Can someone help me identify the connectors I need for broadband.

My modem and the filter unit both have a socket and cable fitted with a
connector measuring 0.375 inches across.
I need a longer cable and bought an ADSL extension cable, but this has a
connector which is wider, measuring 0.455 inches across.

The phone has yet another socket measuring 0.530 inches across.

As I need to order by internet, and can't try to see if they will fit, can
someone please identify the type numbers of these sockets for me.

Thanks

Brian E.

Old March 22nd 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zomaar

"Brian" bj[hyphen]edwards[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message
Can someone help me identify the connectors I need for broadband.

My modem and the filter unit both have a socket and cable fitted with a
connector measuring 0.375 inches across.

This is an RJ11 plug

I need a longer cable and bought an ADSL extension cable, but this has a
connector which is wider, measuring 0.455 inches across.

This is an RJ45 plug

The phone has yet another socket measuring 0.530 inches across.

This is for a BT431 plug

As I need to order by internet, and can't try to see if they will fit, can
someone please identify the type numbers of these sockets for me.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/plugs1.htm
http://www.wppltd.demon.co.uk/WPP/Wi...telephone.html

HTH, Ali

Old March 23rd 06, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

"Zomaar" wrote in message

"Brian" bj[hyphen]edwards[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message
Can someone help me identify the connectors I need for broadband.

My modem and the filter unit both have a socket and cable fitted with a
connector measuring 0.375 inches across.

This is an RJ11 plug

I need a longer cable and bought an ADSL extension cable, but this has a
connector which is wider, measuring 0.455 inches across.

This is an RJ45 plug

The phone has yet another socket measuring 0.530 inches across.

This is for a BT431 plug

As I need to order by internet, and can't try to see if they will fit,
can
someone please identify the type numbers of these sockets for me.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/plugs1.htm
http://www.wppltd.demon.co.uk/WPP/Wi...telephone.html

HTH, Ali

You american by any chance? Inch, foot, yard urgh! Maybe I'm totally
ignorant but I don't understand imperial.

Dan

Old March 23rd 06, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Daniel" wrote in message

You american by any chance? Inch, foot, yard urgh! Maybe I'm totally
ignorant but I don't understand imperial.

At least these were the same. Now bushel, pnt, quart, gallon etc. are all
different.

The Yanks crashed a spacecraft because of a mix up over imperial units, but
fortunately it was unmanned.

Dan

Old March 23rd 06, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
phantom

"Daniel" wrote in message
You american by any chance? Inch, foot, yard urgh! Maybe I'm totally
ignorant but I don't understand imperial.

You are ignorant, imperial measurements aren't American

Old March 23rd 06, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duncan Corps

phantom wrote:
"Daniel" wrote in message ...
You american by any chance? Inch, foot, yard urgh! Maybe I'm totally
ignorant but I don't understand imperial.

You are ignorant, imperial measurements aren't American

Not originally, but USA is the only country still using them significantly; I
know some eccentric luddites in the UK insist on still using them (presumably
because they like making simple tasks more difficult for themselves), but we've
had the simpler, integrated and far more sensible metric system here for over 3
*decades*! I can't think of a reasonable excuse for anyone in the UK to not be
using them.

I have no idea why there's any inertia on a couple of things like speed signs
given how easily Australia and Ireland switched over, but in every other aspect
of life metric rules (and imperial measurements are provided only as a
convenience for the aforementioned luddites).
--
- - - - Beware spamtrap: Replace "[email protected]" with "@" to e-mail me - - - -
UK ID cards- Pointless, impotent, expensive and dangerous: http://www.no2id.net/
Old March 23rd 06, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Daniel" wrote in message

[snip]

You american by any chance? Inch, foot, yard urgh! Maybe
I'm totally ignorant but I don't understand imperial.

I'm 100% British and I don't understand metric..! Why *should* we use
foreign measuring systems anyway..?!

Ivor

Old March 23rd 06, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Duncan Corps" wrote in
message
phantom wrote:
"Daniel" wrote in message
You american by any chance? Inch, foot, yard urgh!
Maybe I'm totally ignorant but I don't understand
imperial.

You are ignorant, imperial measurements aren't American

Not originally, but USA is the only country still using
them significantly; I know some eccentric luddites in the
UK insist on still using them (presumably because they
like making simple tasks more difficult for themselves),
but we've had the simpler, integrated and far more
sensible metric system here for over 3 *decades*! I can't
think of a reasonable excuse for anyone in the UK to not
be using them.

Perhaps because we don't (a) like or (b) understand them.

I for one resent having a system that I grew up with and understand
forcefully removed from me with threats of prosecution if I continue to
use it (such as the well known case of the greengrocer who was prosecuted
for selling apples or whatever in pounds not "kg")

I have no idea why there's any inertia on a couple of
things like speed signs given how easily Australia and
Ireland switched over, but in every other aspect of life
metric rules (and imperial measurements are provided only
as a convenience for the aforementioned luddites).

Let Australia do what they want. I am British, I was born British and I
will die British and I will not be forced to use a system I don't like or
understand.

Ivor

Old March 23rd 06, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:40:59 UTC, "phantom"
wrote:

"Daniel" wrote in message
You american by any chance? Inch, foot, yard urgh! Maybe I'm totally
ignorant but I don't understand imperial.

You are ignorant, imperial measurements aren't American

I think his point is that North Americans are the major users of
Imperial units these days...

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old March 23rd 06, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nut

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Daniel" wrote in message

[snip]

You american by any chance? Inch, foot, yard urgh! Maybe
I'm totally ignorant but I don't understand imperial.

I'm 100% British and I don't understand metric..! Why *should* we use
foreign measuring systems anyway..?!

I use both, depending on the circumstances.