PAP2 Two lines with one phone?

Old March 22nd 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sam Jones

Default PAP2 Two lines with one phone?

I've just recently obtained a Linksys PAP2 and would like to know if
it's possible to use 2 lines but only one handset. I.e. one line for
incoming calls and another for outgoing calls with different
providers. If it is possible how do you set it up?
Old March 22nd 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sam Jones" wrote in message
news
I've just recently obtained a Linksys PAP2 and would like
to know if it's possible to use 2 lines but only one
handset. I.e. one line for incoming calls and another for
outgoing calls with different providers. If it is
possible how do you set it up?

Use a 2 line phone such as the BT Converse 2025.

Ivor

Old March 24th 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:59:54 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Sam Jones" wrote in message
news
I've just recently obtained a Linksys PAP2 and would like
to know if it's possible to use 2 lines but only one
handset. I.e. one line for incoming calls and another for
outgoing calls with different providers. If it is
possible how do you set it up?

Use a 2 line phone such as the BT Converse 2025.

Ivor

There is software around which can be flashed to your PAP-2 and turn
it, effectively, into an SPA-1001 - and back again.
This, is by no means a recommendation. I am not even going to say
where you can get it but, if you are keen, and search around, you
will find it.
Whilst it is reputed to work, if there is a glitch, during flashing,
you may have to say goodbye to yuor PAP-2.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old March 25th 06, 07:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Sam Jones wrote:
I've just recently obtained a Linksys PAP2 and would like to know if
it's possible to use 2 lines but only one handset. I.e. one line for
incoming calls and another for outgoing calls with different
providers. If it is possible how do you set it up?

I have been using a "combine-a-line" for about 6 months now, and it
works great. Im also using one line for incoming and another for
outgoing. This switch allows you to use 2 lines on one phone, and it
switches automatically when you get an incoming call.