ntl users are getting a lot of probs with the dns

Old March 22nd 06, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Unknown

Default ntl users are getting a lot of probs with the dns

Just an fyi, to my fellow ntl users they seem to have bodged something up
and their dns server {1} and its causing probs.

it can be sorted if you can get hold of the address of a non ntl dns
server but google etc being down is making finding one a little hard.

If your a non ntl customer and are getting probs with host not found
please post so i can start worrying about the internet falling apart.

{1} thats the bit that that resolves host names like ebay.com into ip
addresses if your not sure
Old March 22nd 06, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Holdford

"Unknown" wrote in message
news
Just an fyi, to my fellow ntl users they seem to have bodged something up
and their dns server {1} and its causing probs.

it can be sorted if you can get hold of the address of a non ntl dns
server but google etc being down is making finding one a little hard.

If your a non ntl customer and are getting probs with host not found
please post so i can start worrying about the internet falling apart.

{1} thats the bit that that resolves host names like ebay.com into ip
addresses if your not sure

Yep lots of problems, ebay, google etc
Bob

Old March 22nd 06, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tweetie Pooh

"Robert Holdford" wrote in
:

"Unknown" wrote in message
news
Just an fyi, to my fellow ntl users they seem to have bodged
something up and their dns server {1} and its causing probs.

it can be sorted if you can get hold of the address of a non ntl dns
server but google etc being down is making finding one a little hard.

Yep lots of problems, ebay, google etc
Bob

Not purely DNS as names are resolving. Access to some sites is somewhat
intermittant though. There is a network issue on ntlworld service status.

Old March 23rd 06, 07:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ash

In article phoenix says...

The best answer would be to install your own DNS server and never have to
worry about your ISPs servers again, for windows users there's Treewalk
from http://ntcanuck.com/

A bit of news:
http://treewalkdns.com is ObiWan's new site

Once TreeWalk DNS is running you may be interested in
phishing site blocks etc using well known blocklists
via ConFetch TW plugins. http://confetch.com

Axn's is currently working on an alpha of a Pro version
to replace the separate plugins and allow pick and mix
of the blocklists.

TreeWalkDNS and ConFetch newsgroups
Webforums http://forums.treewalkdns.com
News news://news.treewalkdns.com

Ash
Old March 23rd 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ash

In article phoenix says...

A bit of news:
http://treewalkdns.com is ObiWan's new site

Yes, I know that. Stupidly I have both addresses in my favourites list
under different headings. In my haste this AM I naturally pulled out the
old address. :-( The 'old' address is now removed, for good!

Hey Bill, LOL no problem at all! Thanks for giving the guys a
mention. It's my fault for not making a proper permanent move
redirect in a desire to preserve as many long established links
as possible until word gets out . ;-(

Ash