Broadband for multiuser?

Old March 23rd 06, 12:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reginald

Default Broadband for multiuser?

I have just been contacted by a friend who plans to set up a wireless
network to give access to several people within a local area. Does anyone
know of an ISP who caters for such a multiuser setup? I understand that most
ISPs don't allow more than one user to share te conection (officially)...
Does anyne know of any that don't mind people sharing the connection?

Thanks

Reg

Old March 23rd 06, 07:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simon

"Reginald" wrote in message
I have just been contacted by a friend who plans to set up a wireless
network to give access to several people within a local area. Does anyone
know of an ISP who caters for such a multiuser setup? I understand that
most
ISPs don't allow more than one user to share te conection (officially)...
Does anyne know of any that don't mind people sharing the connection?

Thanks

Reg

A friend tells me he doesn't!

Old March 23rd 06, 11:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Reginald" wrote in message

I have just been contacted by a friend who plans to set
up a wireless network to give access to several people
within a local area. Does anyone know of an ISP who
caters for such a multiuser setup? I understand that most
ISPs don't allow more than one user to share te conection
(officially)... Does anyne know of any that don't mind
people sharing the connection?

Thanks

Reg

I assume some sort of business contract would allow it. Companies have to
share access in their offices and public wi-fi spots also.

Ivor

Old March 23rd 06, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Reginald wrote:

I have just been contacted by a friend who plans to set up a wireless
network to give access to several people within a local area. Does anyone
know of an ISP who caters for such a multiuser setup? I understand that
most ISPs don't allow more than one user to share te conection
(officially)... Does anyne know of any that don't mind people sharing the
connection?

Why does it matter? Does your friend intend to tell his ISP he's sharing his
connection? His ISP would be unlikely to know if he's sharing within his
premises or outside of them.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
13:27:37 up 11 days, 4:14, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Old March 23rd 06, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"alexd" wrote in message ...

His ISP would be unlikely to know if he's sharing within his
premises or outside of them.

You really think so ?

Old March 23rd 06, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"alexd" wrote in message

Reginald wrote:

I have just been contacted by a friend who plans to set
up a wireless network to give access to several people
within a local area. Does anyone know of an ISP who
caters for such a multiuser setup? I understand that
most ISPs don't allow more than one user to share te
conection (officially)... Does anyne know of any that
don't mind people sharing the connection?

Why does it matter? Does your friend intend to tell his
ISP he's sharing his connection? His ISP would be
unlikely to know if he's sharing within his premises or
outside of them.

Perhaps he's honest.

Ivor

Old March 23rd 06, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
andy

alexd wrote:

Why does it matter? Does your friend intend to tell his ISP he's sharing his
connection? His ISP would be unlikely to know if he's sharing within his
premises or outside of them.

perhaps he does not want to get blamed if one of the users downloads
kiddy porn

--
Eps