2-in-1 Skype Internet telephone

Old March 23rd 06, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Default 2-in-1 Skype Internet telephone

Not that I'm a Skypster (or is it Skypester?), but this piece of kit
sounds neat. As with anything Skype, USB is essential.

http://dualphone.net/Default.aspx?ID=474

Old March 24th 06, 02:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"paul123" wrote in message
oups.com
Not that I'm a Skypster (or is it Skypester?), but this
piece of kit sounds neat. As with anything Skype, USB is
essential.

Therefore no use to anybody that doesn't want to leave a PC on.

[Link snipped]

Please don't advertise.

Ivor

Old March 24th 06, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Ivor, I'm not advertising - I have absolutely NOTHING to do with this
product! Just thought as it's a new product, the group might be
interested....

Old March 24th 06, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh paul123:
Ivor, I'm not advertising - I have absolutely NOTHING to do with this
product! Just thought as it's a new product, the group might be
interested....

Don't worry, somehow we are meant to discuss VoIP yet without mentioning any
product or service, so no one will have a clue what we are talking about,
other than how VoIP works, without knowing any services to use or products
to use it on.

There is a difference between blatant advertising and highlighting a product
or service, shame there are some that can't see this difference.

Old March 24th 06, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Wavey Davey

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh paul123:
Ivor, I'm not advertising - I have absolutely NOTHING to do with this
product! Just thought as it's a new product, the group might be
interested....

Don't worry, somehow we are meant to discuss VoIP yet without mentioning any
product or service, so no one will have a clue what we are talking about,
other than how VoIP works, without knowing any services to use or products
to use it on.

There is a difference between blatant advertising and highlighting a product
or service, shame there are some that can't see this difference.

One of Ivor's recent posts (19.2.06):

"Sam Jones" wrote in message

I'm looking for a combined ADSL Modem/Wireless Router
with at least one VOIP port. Preferably less than 100.
Advice appreciated.

Not less than 100 I'm afraid (119 from Sipgate's shop) but the AVM
Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 is worth a look. I use the non-wireless version
and find it excellent.

www.avm.de/en
https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/catalog...products_id=18

Ivor

Old March 24th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Wavey Davey:

One of Ivor's recent posts (19.2.06):

Not less than 100 I'm afraid (119 from Snipgate's shop) but the AVM
Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 is worth a look. I use the non-wireless
version and find it excellent.

www.av[snip]

Ivor

LOL, yeah,, double standards!

Old March 24th 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Ivor Jones wrote:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote in message
Thus spaketh Wavey Davey:

One of Ivor's recent posts (19.2.06):

Not less than 100 I'm afraid (119 from Snipgate's
shop) but the AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 is worth a
look. I use the non-wireless version and find it
excellent. www.av[snip]

Ivor

LOL, yeah,, double standards!

Not at all. I was replying to someone who asked for recommendations. The
original post in this thread included the words " but this piece of kit
sounds neat" as an original statement, not as a reply to a request for
information.

If someone had asked for info or ideas and the OP had responded with this
message, then I would not have a problem. But as an original post it still
seems like an advert to me. I apologise if it was not intended that way.

Ivor

Those that DO post spam ads are not usually regulars in the group and
use language like:
"Looking for best VoIP billing Software?? We have it to provide you at
cheap price with excellent support.
VoiceMaster(v2.01) = $399 only (For Rent), 100 ports + dedicated pc
with 24x7 technical support + bandwidth.. "

I have been participating for a few months in this group (7th equal
poster this month -
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.telecom.voip/about ) - and I would
have thought that it was quite clear that there was no intent to
advertise. Ah well, these things are sent to try us.