Zoom Router

Old March 24th 06, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TC

Default Zoom Router

Hello there,

I'm using a Zoom router to access BT Broadband. I've put all the
settings in that BT have given me, but I'm still having problems
connecting.

1. Every address I ping all point to the same IP address
2. IE always says "Page cannot be displayed"

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong? (BT certainly
don't..)

Thanks!

Old March 24th 06, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve @ Aceinternet

Is the IP address showing when you ping an external or internal IP address
(eg, is it the routers IP you are getting?)

Steve

Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e:

ups.com...

Old March 24th 06, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TC

I'm not sure. The router IP is 10.0.. something, and this one is
194.74.. something. Someone from BT tried pinging it, and got nothing
back, so it may be internal.
I'm using an ethernet cable to connect to the router. I don't know if
it has something to do with the LAN.

Old March 24th 06, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve @ Aceinternet

I'm not sure. The router IP is 10.0.. something, and this one is
194.74.. something.

Ok, are you using DHCP or fixed ip's on your lan? I'm assuming you can
browse to your routers admin pages ok.

Someone from BT tried pinging it, and got nothing
back, so it may be internal.

Not necessarily, some Zoom routers have built in firewall that will not
respond to ping requests.

Old March 24th 06, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TC

Hi Steve,

I can browse fine to the admin pages, yes. I'm using DHCP rather than
fixed IPs.
There is a firewall setting in the 'advanced settings' section, but
that all looks like it's set to 'disabled'...

Old March 24th 06, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TC

They say 'pass' for everything! I can only assume it's because it just
looks for 4 sent and 4 received and doesn't actually know that it's
receiving the wrong thing.

Old March 24th 06, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TC

Old March 24th 06, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

TC wrote:
They say 'pass' for everything! I can only assume it's because it just
looks for 4 sent and 4 received and doesn't actually know that it's
receiving the wrong thing.

It is possible (if not a bit unlikely) that your tcp/ip configuration on
your pc has messed up, I have found the spyware removal of new.net almost
always rips apart the 'lsp'. If this is the problem, downloading and running
winsockxpfix.exe will fix it.

Always worth a try.

Gaz