Plusnet to use Tiscali LLU network - Oh Dear!!

Old March 24th 06, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Plusnet to use Tiscali LLU network - Oh Dear!!

I see from The Register

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03...usnet_tiscali/

that Plusnet are considering using Tiscali's LLU network to provide
Broadband Services.

I can't believe this!!

I have been on Plusnet for about 2 years and find them excellent
(despite some people's moans here).

However Tiscali consistantly gets a very bad press.

Comments?

Mike

Old March 24th 06, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Bailey

m wrote:
I see from The Register

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03...usnet_tiscali/

that Plusnet are considering using Tiscali's LLU network to provide
Broadband Services.

I can't believe this!!

I have been on Plusnet for about 2 years and find them excellent
(despite some people's moans here).

However Tiscali consistantly gets a very bad press.

Comments?

Mike

Hi Mike,

You need to realise that this is entirely different to the Tiscali that
sell Datasream ADSL. We are dealing with Tiscali Wholesale at a high
level to supply us with a high quality LLU service. We have been
testing this for a considerable period of time, and the results have
been excellent, if not better than a BT IPStream service.

It should be seen as an improvement, and not a potential degradation in
service.

--
Kind regards,

+ ------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------------
Old March 24th 06, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:00:24 +0000, m wrote:

I see from The Register

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03...usnet_tiscali/

that Plusnet are considering using Tiscali's LLU network to provide
Broadband Services.

I can't believe this!!

I have been on Plusnet for about 2 years and find them excellent
(despite some people's moans here).

However Tiscali consistantly gets a very bad press.

Comments?

That is Tiscali as an ISP.

Not the same thing at all.

Not that it bothers me, LLU is not going to come to me here anytime in
the near future :-(
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Managing programmers is like herding cats.
Old March 24th 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:10:01 -0000, Nerk wrote:

James Bailey wrote

It should be seen as an improvement, and not a potential degradation in
service.

Like pussnet could get worse!

If you think that Plusnet could not get worse, then your experience of
ISPs is VERY limited.

There are many worse ones out there, and always have been.

Just because you are jealous of the good service many people get from
them is no reason for you to slag them off so much.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Press on a small rodent's head to obtain file.
Old March 24th 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:14:05 -0000, Nerk wrote:

m wrote

I have been on Plusnet for about 2 years and find them excellent
(despite some people's moans here).

Comments?

You're an idiot

You're just jealous.
Old March 25th 06, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nick

"Alex Heney" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:00:24 +0000, m wrote:

I see from The Register

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03...usnet_tiscali/

that Plusnet are considering using Tiscali's LLU network to provide
Broadband Services.

I can't believe this!!

I have been on Plusnet for about 2 years and find them excellent
(despite some people's moans here).

However Tiscali consistantly gets a very bad press.

Comments?

That is Tiscali as an ISP.

Not the same thing at all.

Not that it bothers me, LLU is not going to come to me here anytime in
the near future :-(
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Managing programmers is like herding cats.

Plusnet been very flaky lately. I even requested my MAC number. Still, better the devil you know and all that