How to turn off annoying TalkTalk Broadband internet feature?

Old March 24th 06, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default How to turn off annoying TalkTalk Broadband internet feature?

I use TalkTalk broadband, however I find it annoying that when you type
in a web site which has a spelling error eg www.yahoa.co.uk - it will
automatically takes you to www.yahoo.co.uk

This sounds like a great idea at first, but in reality it is a annoying
because it is gets it wrong quite often and also say if you have a web
site that it no longer exists, it think that you typed it in wrong and
takes you somewhere else.....

Can anyone tell me how to turn it off? how have TalkTalk implemented
this functionality?

Old March 24th 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Bailey

wrote:
I use TalkTalk broadband, however I find it annoying that when you type
in a web site which has a spelling error eg
www.yahoa.co.uk - it will
automatically takes you to www.yahoo.co.uk

This sounds like a great idea at first, but in reality it is a annoying
because it is gets it wrong quite often and also say if you have a web
site that it no longer exists, it think that you typed it in wrong and
takes you somewhere else.....

Can anyone tell me how to turn it off? how have TalkTalk implemented
this functionality?

It's not proxy server related is it? If you go to your internet options
control panel, then the connections tab, then LAN setings and remove
everything in there, does that make any difference?

Or are you using TalkTalk's own browser?

--
Kind regards,

+ ------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------------
Old March 25th 06, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

wrote in message
oups.com...

I use TalkTalk broadband, however I find it annoying that when you type
in a web site which has a spelling error eg www.yahoa.co.uk - it will
automatically takes you to www.yahoo.co.uk

This sounds like a great idea at first, but in reality it is a annoying
because it is gets it wrong quite often and also say if you have a web
site that it no longer exists, it think that you typed it in wrong and
takes you somewhere else.....

Can anyone tell me how to turn it off? how have TalkTalk implemented
this functionality?

set your dns servers to thefollowing and it will stop.

Primary DNS Server 62.24.128.5
Secondary DNS Server 62.24.128.69