Wireless networks and video senders

Old March 24th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Wireless networks and video senders

Can anyone advise?

My neighbour wants to have the sky service moved to number 3 son's room.

It is at present installed in number 2 son's room together with the ADSL
modem/wireless router, that feeds the other PCs and laptops in the house
and a nice new PC - making too many 'toys' in one room!

It is not easy to re-route the sky cable to the other room and he has
been told to get a videosender.

I have offered to investigate as he will obviously need one that can not
only carry the picture to the other room but can also carry the 'reverse
remote control signal to control the digibox.

However I am concerned that the 2.4GHz video sender transmitter will
interefere with the 2.4GHz wireless network receiver which will be very
nearby.

Any comments/experience please?

Mike

Old March 24th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GA

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:33:19 +0000, m wrote:

[snip]
Any comments/experience please?

[snip]

2.4GHz video senders (mine is a Giga Air) and wireless routers do
'fight' with one another but careful positioning and choice of
channels can make them co-exist.
Old March 25th 06, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"GA" wrote in message

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:33:19 +0000, m
wrote:

[snip]
Any comments/experience please?

[snip]

2.4GHz video senders (mine is a Giga Air) and wireless
routers do 'fight' with one another but careful
positioning and choice of channels can make them co-exist.

On a similar note, I have just acquired a couple of 2.4GHz CCTV cameras
and a receiver that plugs into a VCR. Are these likely to cause problems
to a WLAN..? I confess to being new to wireless working, having just
acquired a laptop with it built in, seems a shame not to use it ;-)

Ivor

Old March 26th 06, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"GA" wrote in message

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:33:19 +0000, m
wrote:

[snip]
Any comments/experience please?

[snip]

2.4GHz video senders (mine is a Giga Air) and wireless
routers do 'fight' with one another but careful
positioning and choice of channels can make them co-exist.

On a similar note, I have just acquired a couple of 2.4GHz CCTV cameras
and a receiver that plugs into a VCR. Are these likely to cause problems
to a WLAN..? I confess to being new to wireless working, having just
acquired a laptop with it built in, seems a shame not to use it ;-)

Ivor

In addition to the problem of them interfering, I wonder if the PC can
purposely connect to them with a view to recording the videon feed. That
might be useful.

Old March 27th 06, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:41:15 +0100, "Simon"
wrote:

2.4GHz video senders (mine is a Giga Air) and wireless
routers do 'fight' with one another but careful
positioning and choice of channels can make them co-exist.

On a similar note, I have just acquired a couple of 2.4GHz CCTV cameras
and a receiver that plugs into a VCR. Are these likely to cause problems
to a WLAN..? I confess to being new to wireless working, having just
acquired a laptop with it built in, seems a shame not to use it ;-)

In addition to the problem of them interfering, I wonder if the PC can
purposely connect to them with a view to recording the videon feed. That
might be useful.

Only if it has a TV card and you plug it in to that instead f the VCR.

Lee.
--
lee at w2designs dot co dot uk

If I have one flaw, it's that I'm a perfectoinist.

Old March 28th 06, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

[...]

Video senders and wifi are fine if you only have one sender... if next door
decide to get one.. things can get messy with wifi. Symptoms are the speed
throttling up and down constantly and intermittant loss of wifi.

You can find a chart of the wifi channels he

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dorian/...nnel_chart.gif

I've no ideas what frequency an AV sender works on.. Channels A to D - where
they coincide with the wifi channels is anyones guess...

Post it here if you find out...

Also if you have an AV sender in use and also have a wifi laptop.. disable the
wifi as it will hunt around in ad-hoc mode causing AV interference.

Doz