Wireless home network...

Old March 24th 06, 09:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andy

Default Wireless home network...

I am contemplating soon setting up a wireless home network using a broadband
modem/router and 2 laptops with wireless cards and 1 desktop PC with a
wireless PCI card. I am wondering if I should all set up in the settings on
each computer 'Peer to Peer' setting or not?

can someone tell me please I have tried googling but cannot seem to fathom a
straightforward answer all the info it too in-depth.

Cheers.

Old March 24th 06, 09:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
simon

om...

www.practicallynetworked.com

Old March 24th 06, 09:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andy

"simon" wrote in message

"Andy" wrote in message
om...
I am contemplating soon setting up a wireless home network using a
broadband
modem/router and 2 laptops with wireless cards and 1 desktop PC with a
wireless PCI card. I am wondering if I should all set up in the settings
on
each computer 'Peer to Peer' setting or not?

can someone tell me please I have tried googling but cannot seem to

fathom
straightforward answer all the info it too in-depth.

Cheers.

www.practicallynetworked.com

Thanks, but what section am I supposed to be reading?

Old March 25th 06, 11:44 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Name

"Andy" wrote in message
om...
I am contemplating soon setting up a wireless home network using a
broadband
modem/router and 2 laptops with wireless cards and 1 desktop PC with a
wireless PCI card. I am wondering if I should all set up in the settings
on
each computer 'Peer to Peer' setting or not?

can someone tell me please I have tried googling but cannot seem to fathom
straightforward answer all the info it too in-depth.

Cheers.

*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***

contrary to other replies and my router being the BT 2000 I loaded the
control panel software from the supplied disc which gives me access to ALL
the functions of the router. From upgrading firmware, to setting WAP and
monitoring how many comps are connected..........plus much more.

dj

Old March 25th 06, 12:45 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article
Andy wrote:
I am contemplating soon setting up a wireless home network using a broadband
modem/router and 2 laptops with wireless cards and 1 desktop PC with a
wireless PCI card. I am wondering if I should all set up in the settings on
each computer 'Peer to Peer' setting or not?

Peer to peer is called "ad hoc" in this situation. As you'll have a
router use infrastructure mode.