A clue please...

Old March 24th 06, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Default A clue please...

I know with some of the diverse knowledge on this group that someone
will be able to help me with this question & possibly even give me
some answers pointing me in the way I can correct the problem.....

I recently procured a Watchguard Firebox 700 which has got 3 ethernet
ports, WAN, Trusted & Optional (for servers/webcams etc).

My problem is this, the WAN & Trusted ports are working ok, but
despite the fact the software (Version 7) can configure the Optional
port, it does not recognise the fact that there is a patch cable
attatched (Xover or otherwise). I have on numerous occaisions used
the factory reset function to see if this makes any difference, it
doesn't & I strongly suppect that it's an electro mechanical problem
rather than a software one.

My question is this, is there a jumper setting inside the box with
which you can enable/disable this port? Is this a firmware issue? Or
is this box a lemon (as I need the optional port to give access to a
webserver & camera whilst keeping everything else shut tight).

I suspect it's a lemon but there is an outside chance that I could be
wrong, so here's hoping

TIA

Old March 24th 06, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

Default A clue please... Watchguard Firebox 700

On 24 Mar 2006, "kráftéé" wrote:

A clue please.

Sorry, been quite a while since I had "hands on" with a Firebox, but I would
suggest putting key words into the subject of future postings, so someone
skimming a list of posts might spot it, where "A clue please..." might
have just been posted by a newbie, and be ignored. Peter M.
Old March 24th 06, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

poster wrote:
On 24 Mar 2006, "kráftéé" wrote:

A clue please.

Sorry, been quite a while since I had "hands on" with a Firebox,
but I would suggest putting key words into the subject of future
postings, so someone skimming a list of posts might spot it, where
"A clue please..." might
have just been posted by a newbie, and be ignored. Peter M.

Well I am a newby as far the watchguard kit is concerned

Old March 24th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

"kráftéé" [email protected] you know what'sgoodforu.pus.com
wrote in message

I know with some of the diverse knowledge on this group that someone
will be able to help me with this question & possibly even give me
some answers pointing me in the way I can correct the problem.....

http://www.watchguard.com/support/ad...fb3trouble.asp

Any use?

Old March 24th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Grant wrote:
"kráftéé" [email protected] you know
what'sgoodforu.pus.com wrote in message

I know with some of the diverse knowledge on this group that
someone will be able to help me with this question & possibly even
give me some answers pointing me in the way I can correct the
problem.....

http://www.watchguard.com/support/ad...fb3trouble.asp

Any use?

Ta for the link, but it's restricted to users who have subscribed to
their Live Security Service (past or present)....

Tis a bit much where companies force you to subscribe to services just
so that you can get to the FAQs

Old March 24th 06, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

kráftéé wrote:
Grant wrote:
"kráftéé" [email protected] you know
what'sgoodforu.pus.com wrote in message

I know with some of the diverse knowledge on this group that
someone will be able to help me with this question & possibly even
give me some answers pointing me in the way I can correct the
problem.....

http://www.watchguard.com/support/ad...fb3trouble.asp

Any use?

Ta for the link, but it's restricted to users who have subscribed to
their Live Security Service (past or present)....

Tis a bit much where companies force you to subscribe to services
just so that you can get to the FAQs

A thought though (well it's late & the brain is taking it's time)
would it be possible to do a copy & paste to me ?

kraftee at kraftee.plus.com

Ta

Old March 25th 06, 07:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

wrote in message ...
Grant wrote:
"kráftéé" [email protected] you know
what'sgoodforu.pus.com wrote in message

I know with some of the diverse knowledge on this group that
someone will be able to help me with this question & possibly even
give me some answers pointing me in the way I can correct the
problem.....

http://www.watchguard.com/support/ad...fb3trouble.asp

Any use?

Ta for the link, but it's restricted to users who have subscribed to their
Live Security Service (past or present)....

Tis a bit much where companies force you to subscribe to services just so
that you can get to the FAQs

Why not just register ?

Old March 25th 06, 07:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Grant wrote:
"kráftéé" [email protected] you know
what'sgoodforu.pus.com wrote in message

I know with some of the diverse knowledge on this group that
someone will be able to help me with this question & possibly
even give me some answers pointing me in the way I can correct
the problem.....

http://www.watchguard.com/support/ad...fb3trouble.asp

Any use?

Ta for the link, but it's restricted to users who have subscribed
to their Live Security Service (past or present)....

Tis a bit much where companies force you to subscribe to services
just so that you can get to the FAQs

Why not just register ?

I have, but seeing as the unit is a possible dud I'm not going to
_subscribe_ to anything until I can get it working am I. If you don't
understand the difference I suggest you look the 2 words up in a
dictionary..

Old March 25th 06, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

wrote in message

A thought though (well it's late & the brain is taking it's time)
would it be possible to do a copy & paste to me ?

646k Word document e-mailed.

Old March 25th 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

Grant wrote:
[...]

The manufacturer uses the word "register" - hence my use of the word. Ask an
adult to help you.

Seeing as you're obviously beyond accepting any form of help, I suggest you
**** off and sort you own problems out.